Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Spritz Island 1.1 released

By the way Spritz is made with 1/3 of Aperol drink, 1/3 of Prosecco and 1/3 of selz.

Not in Germany it isnt :D

Anyways, congrats on the release! :)

LOL!!!

Be aware of ZZ Germans who want to offer you a "spritz".:D

Has this Island been made with your world tool?

In any case, great job you did. Islands are my favourite toys, so thanks for that.

I wish we would have some more winter islands at disposal.

Thanks for sharing and all the work and effort you put into it.

kind regards

LOL!!!

Be aware of ZZ Germans who want to offer you a "spritz".:D

Has this Island been made with your world tool?

I'm starting hate the Spritz :p

Yes, "world tool" has placed all the vegetation, rocks, trees, wood towers, fences, powerlines and walls of the island.

vegetation and sparse details on the forests has been placed in half an hour with some tests. Powerlines has been placed in one hour including raising of pylons and terrain smoothing on some areas.

Road smoothing instead has took the 80% of the time on the island... so i'm hoping BIS will release a better script with 10cm precision instead the one with 1 meter detail to do this.

Yeah great.

I read your world tool thread in the island editing section. A fine achievement. I believe your tool will help all our fantastic Island makers to save a lot of time and sweat. I tried once myself to make an Island but that was back in the OFP days. I used wrp tool and it was a big pain. You had to place every single object manually, you couldnt even copy and paste object groups. After one year I lost my work due to my hardrive which was blown to oblivion by an electrical overload. Had made a copy on a CD at that time, only to find out that the data on the CD was corrupt:mad: . . . so I left it.

looking forward to see some more Islands of yours in the future.

My best wishes.:D

kind regards

Edited by nettrucker

This really is a totally beautifull island. ;)

Everything fit's like it's grown in the real nature.

I'm very much impressed.

The island name say everything "Spritz Island" :D

Many thanks for this nice map.

shezan74, This is fantastic work. Thank you very much for the Map. This will be a very nice addition to the Arma2 Library.

I immediately jumped into a littlebird and started to explore this island, one thing that struck me was how large it was. Extremely good frame rates here on this island also.

I love the Southern Airport and the way it is built up on a man made land mass. The Naval base to the north is a very nice touch also, great to see those Aussie Frigates up there :) Such a Base will be a very nice spot to do missions. As would the whole island.

There is one thing which i have found regarding AI and the naval base. but it is only a minor thing. I was unable to persuade the AI to walk out onto the dock at 045015.

Reason i had found this, I saw the two illuminant towers at the end of the dock and tried to send a pair of AI to each climb a tower. Seems the AI don't like to walk out onto the dock. And when placed on the dock in the editor, they don't quite no how to move around on the surface of the dock :)

Well done mate, i have 'spritz'd myself with enjoyment'

Thank you mum, i'll check for those issue asap, just after placing trash out of the door and refitting my room as you required :)

:)

Seriously mate, the more i am tinkering around this island the more i love it, performance is fantastic. you have done a great job on this. No biggy if you cant fix the AI paths, there is so much to explore here.

just brilliant, well done :)

Looks really nice, downloading...

Damn, I have hard time keeping up with all great stuff being released by you addon makers but I guess thats really a "positive problem" after all and the winter is pretty long around here ;)

Thanks for making and sharing shezan74!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Thank you guys, i'm working on a better night version of the airport now (that is really nice at this time, imho)

The actual one has approach lights of the same color of the taxiway lights. In real life taxi lights are blue but i'm not able to create objects that emits light. I've updated the original taxiway_edgelight textures but i'm not able to enlight them as it happens on the original one.

good performances are due the reduced size of the satellite map.

Originally maps had 10240x10240 sat map, but for developing purposes i've reduced to 2048x2048. By playing over i noticed there wasn't so much troubles in using this resolution and the map was really small in size (with original textures was more than 100 mb) so i decided to keep those base texts.

If you find some more bugs feel free to report on dev-heaven at the link below.

Thank you again ;)