Sign in to follow this  
cpt.snake

Why to get them both?

Twice the fun!!

If you don't get both, you may run into problems trying to play community made missions and mods that rely on content from both games.

right well i just ordered them both and was wondering was there really idea?

You get double the units, double the islands, and double the vehicles.

Plus you can use all of the mods from ArmA 2 in OA if you play Combined Operations. Its really a waste not to. You pay like what, 20 more bucks for a uncountable amount of professional and user made content.

you get lots of stuff; missions campaigns, units and such, with both

Im getting proud of ordering them thanks guys really appreciate!

You get the Russian Army plus the USMC... not to mention the huge map Chernarus... most mods are made with arma2 so with both you can use most mods obviously... really it makes sense to get both well worth the extra few quid.

I trust in that games are coming in mondey or wednesday see you guys out there then :P

Honestly it's because ArmA shines in multiplayer and you want to do everything in your power to make sure you have "enough stuff" to join whatever multiplayer server you want. Compatibility is the driving force.

So it doesn´t really matter what server i go.It can be OA or Orginal but i just join.cool.

Depends on the mission. Some day you'll want to join a server that was made by some yahoo with A2+OA content willy nilly and it will kick you for only having OA content.

No, the ArmA2 exe is the ArmA2 version. The benefit to having both is that you can run ArmA2OA.exe and have the old ArmA2 content PBOs as well as the OA content. If you run ArmA2 after you get OA (if running A2 vanilla after installing COps is even possible) you can't have thermal imaging for instance.

As we said in another thread, Combined Ops is the only way to go if you don't have Arma 2 already.

I ordered them both and i just install the arma 2 and then i install OA and then i enjoy the life.