Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

[ACE]Force gasmasks on players, and/or AI

Hi guys. Im working on a mission where there will be toxic gas exposure. The feeling of running around, shooting with the view from behind a gasmask, at night in the dusty streets of zargabad has to be breathtaking. :rolleyes:

Now, facing an enemy thats doing fine without gasmasks, while you have to wear one is just.. :butbut:

I would like a way to force specific AI's, and if possible also every player to wear a gasmask. Also, if one decides not to use his mask, he should get x damage over time while not wearing it. :cool:

Anyone knows if this is possible? :)

Edit: Im not skilled with the arts of scripting, so if theres any simple solution.. Please! :o

Ace has done all the work making a nice gasmask with limited vision and soundeffects, its time to use it!

Edited by MugAben

Help guys, how I put (face) ACE2 gasmask to AI and players by scripts?

how detect if players using gasmask?

UPDT: Xeno's solutions for ACE2:

if ((sold getVariable "ACE_Identity") in ["ACE_GlassesGasMask_US","ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU"]) then

{

hint "mask";

}

else

{

hint "no mask";

};

Thx Xeno.

Edited by D3lta

Hi masters, how I put the ACE2 gasmask to AI and players using scripts?

I am bumping this, because I too need help. :)

The other threads on the matter do not help, and I do not see anything on ACE's devheaven-site that helps.

Forced gasmask/balaclava for AI, in other words.

Halp.

This would protect them (non player east side units) against the gas, they will however not appear to be wearing a gas.

{if (side _x == east && !isPlayer _x && vehicle _x == _x) then {_x setVariable ["ACE_Identity", "ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU"];};} forEach allUnits;

[_Unit, "ACE_GlassesSunglasses"] execFSM "x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_glasses.fsm";

replace the sunglasses with the class name of the gasmask.

this setIdentity "ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU";

@edfathead

nice job digging up a thread this old while you should have used the ACE thread anyway.

Infraction +1, topic locked.