Sign in to follow this  
Raenir

Game worth Getting for MP?

I was thinking of purchasing Arma2 as I like realistic tactical shooter/warfare simulators but I have been dissapointed before by the lacklustre performance of previous games I've played, usually because it stumbles on the multiplayer aspect.

So, is Arma2 MP well supported? Servers well populated? Fun fun should I get it?

Should I get the original or the stand alone first if my money is limited?

Get Combined Operations since it is like $10 more and thats where the community is going. Also make sure your system is CLEAN and has more than the min specs.

You will need to make sure your pc can run the game as this is a VERY demanding title on system hardware. I cant stress that enough.

Also the controls are a bit complicated to setup so set aside about 30-45 minutes of just setting the controls that you are comfortable with.

I was thinking of purchasing Arma2 as I like realistic tactical shooter/warfare simulators but I have been dissapointed before by the lacklustre performance of previous games I've played, usually because it stumbles on the multiplayer aspect.

I don't know wich other games you are talking about, but when it comes to delivering a more or less realistic warfare simulation ,BIS (Arma) is without a doubt the best out there! I enjoy MP tremendously and have not played SP in over a year. If your pc can handle it, go ahead and try it, although it really isn't a first person shooter as most people imagine it to be.

Are there a lot of MP servers? Are there a lot of MP players?

Are there a lot of MP servers? Are there a lot of MP players?

I do not know what you compares to but IMO there are plenty of dedicated MP servers and players (and I'm sure it will be even more when fall kicks in). Everything from smaller scale co-op's to 120+ PvsP and other stuff in between.

Highly recommended if you like a more realistic approach to your FPS, i.e it's not CS|COD|MW2|BC2 and may take some patience before you master all of it, and you will learn to slow down the pace a bit and use cover unless you want your ass handed every 5-10 minutes :)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

The key to the MP game is to find a good crew to play coops with and get on voicechat

The key to the MP game is to find a good crew to play coops with and get on voicechat

Agree, I like co-op's with my friends but PvsP with 120+ players adds another dimension to it and is also great fun.

/KC

I do not know what you compares to but IMO there are plenty of dedicated MP servers and players (and I'm sure it will be even more when fall kicks in). Everything from smaller scale co-op's to 120+ PvsP and other stuff in between.

Highly recommended if you like a more realistic approach to your FPS, i.e it's not CS|COD|MW2|BC2 and may take some patience before you master all of it, and you will learn to slow down the pace a bit and use cover unless you want your ass handed every 5-10 minutes :)

/KC

OMG the keyboard assignment's section. :eek:

I see what you mean about patience.

OMG the keyboard assignment's section. :eek:

I see what you mean about patience.

Really nothing to be scared of, my tips are... just set your mind that you won't learn it overnight and go slow. Read the manual and do the training, tweak keyassignments mouse/joystick sensitivity to your personal liking slowly as you learn and write it down. Since you will be playing this for along time (assuming you like this kind of gameplay) most of it will become second nature but again not overnight :)

If you run into troubles just ask in a mature way on this forum and you will get tons of help!

Good luck and see ya on the battlefield!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat