Sign in to follow this  
Regi

Starting up with no mods

Earlier today i was testing out ace with arrowhead, whilst selecting which mod sets to be using i forgot to add in @cba, this meant when i selected enable and the game attempted to restart it couldnt because it needed to use CBA to load.

I have tried running the program from the exe in my computer, shortcuts etc all came up with needing cba.

So i tried running operation arrowhead through Yoma addon sync to see if i could get in and edit which mod sets i was using, but starting the game up with no mods/ace mods through it meant that i could not change anything in the expansions area as everything is locked.

I then added @CBA onto the command line on my desktop shortcut, but same as above, locks out other expansions so you cant edit which is allowed in.

After all this i reinstalled arrowhead, restarted PC, same thing occurs, requires CBA and no way to edit this.

So could someone pleeeeeeease tell me how to reset this wtihout me having to mess around with addon sync or command lines every time i started the game like i did with regular arma 2.

thanks

Add a "-mod=@CBA" behind the target (path) in your shortcut and start OA. Close OA, remove the line and start up again. Maybe that'll help.

behind my target path?

currently the only way i can get it to open via the shortcut is with this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA

however once i get into the game i cant edit anything in the expansions section, and restarting arrowhead with -mod=@CBA out of the line just gives me the same error, game wants to start with cba as default for some reason.

Have you tried "-mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@ACEX_PLA" and checked if you can edit (deselect) it ingame this way?

/edit: Btw, are you running OA without ArmA2? If so the problem is maybe somehow related to the missing CBA_OA file that you need if you run it standalone?

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

behind my target path?

currently the only way i can get it to open via the shortcut is with this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA

however once i get into the game i cant edit anything in the expansions section, and restarting arrowhead with -mod=@CBA out of the line just gives me the same error, game wants to start with cba as default for some reason.

Hi.

If you only start the standalone ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead you need correct CBA.

Here you go: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6625/CBA_v0-5-1.zip

What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation

folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA

and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

IMPORTANT: If you don't have Arrowhead at all, you need the older 0.4.x release of CBA,

which is compatible with ArmA II.

Example startup parameters

==========================

For Combined Operations:

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

Im running combined operations, and i have established its not aything to do with ace, as through yoma addon sync i can turn the game on with the correct ace mods on and it runs fine.

Its just the fact that initally i forgot to put @CBA in when selecting what expansions to use in game, and therfore combined operations keeps on trying to start up ACE without cba running, which results in the inability to start the game.

When i edit command lines or start through yoma it effictivley bypasses the ingame launcher which means i cant sort it out through there :/

It's just a wild guess but can you unrap* the "product.bin" (found at: ...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\Dta) and check what's written in the last line under "defaultMods"? If it's more then "ca;expansion" there is your problem.

* unRap is a tool created by Kegetys which is included in his "ArmA Tools" (www.kegetys.net/arma/). It'll create a .cpp file which you can open with a text editor. In case you don't know already.

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

couldnt get that program to work, would just flash up a dos screen quickly.

I have since then reinstalled BOTH arma 2 AND operation arrowhead, deleted everything in the directeries....that has done absolutly nothing.

is there seriously no other way to sort this out, i find it a bit stupid that you cant reset which mod strings the game treis to bring up on startup.

I have since then reinstalled BOTH arma 2 AND operation arrowhead, deleted everything in the directeries....that has done absolutly nothing.

If this is completely and absolutely correct and you wiped it all off the face of your computers earth, this should work. Maybe make a backup of your configs etc in your documents/my docs locations and the remove this after uninstall, then move/delete mod folders after uninstall (to wipe all config information and profile details) ... that's the last thing i an think of. Did you uninstall OA and then (if needed) A2 in that order?

To be honest I think it doesn't need such a drastic measure, have you added a config line in so it loads (ignores expansions settings), and then go into "expansions" and remove everything out of it and restart? I assume you are using "expansions" sections? to be honest Id say use the config line way. Or dont uninstall anything and just remove profile details so your profile defaults to standard and see if that does it.

Edited by mrcash2009

thanks mrcash, completley forgot that the profiles are indexed in a different section and were not always deleted when you reinstalled.

Fixed it by just wiping clean all my profiles in my documents, this allowed me to go in with the computers default profile and change it off needing CBA

I have exactly the same problem. I accidentally added @ACE in the ingame extension manager. When I tried to launch OA afterwards it crashes during startup.

So I think there must be a configuration file that tells OA which addons to use on next launch of the game. I don't want to delete all of my profile settings because I spent a lot of time in reconfiguring some keybord /mous and Joystick controls as well as dificulty settings for the campaign etc.

So, can anyone tell me where Operation Arrowhead remembers which addons were activated in the ingame extension manager?

If I want to startup my Vanilla Operation Arrowhead now, I have to use the SixUpdater to do it. So it takes a while until I can play and SixUpdater is searching for updates and download them every time. And all just because I accidentally marked just a part of a Mod in the extension manager :mad:

Regards,

Flo

find this file: (profile name).ArmA2OAProfile

probably found under this dir: c:\users\(windows user name)\Documents\ArmA 2\

otherwise search for it

Open it in notepad and look for a section called "class ModLauncherList"

Delete the whole class or the specific mods in question, and save the file.

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="@modname";
	name="";
	origin="GAME DIR";
};
};

It ought to work I reckon.