Sign in to follow this  
Tempai

How to get AI to regroup when they decide to follow some one else

Quite a common bug in Arma games is when your AI have been in vehicles after they disembark they will not regroup into your formation. Instead they run of to form on one of your other AI as leader, You will get a text message saying "following group" after you give them the Return to Formation order. To solve this just pess the 0 button select DONE then reorder them to regroup they should then remember that you are the boss. Hope this stops you from losing as much hair as I did.

Huh nice find. Will try that asap. One thing that makes me stop playing singleplayer missions as a group leader.

Quite a common bug...

Whether it's a bug or not is debatable. Either way, it's been around since OFP, and so has the "solution".

You could also call it a feature, that is the ability for you to leave the formation as the group leader. If you are engaged in a task that would normally make you break from formation (most commonly "STOP") as the group leader, then the next-in-command will take over as formation leader. The problem is that you can't invoke such commands on yourself as the leader, so that sort of goes against the argument that it's a feature.

Personally, I'd call it a bug that has the potential to become a feature.

Oh Man that is great.

I will try it out next time I lose control of them. I HATED that.

Thanks for the info.

@Tempai:

I just tried it out and it works! You sir, have just saved Arma 2/OA for me. :yay:

My solution was generally to get in a vehicle as driver and order them all to mount/dismount. But this way is much better.