Sign in to follow this  
CamperKiller

Boredom

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ April 23 2002,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have this game since June 2001 and i'm playing it every single day. I'm playing a lot of SP and a lot of MP with my squad. I'm also making MP and SP missions and a few sound modifications. I love original sounds, but some of them are annoying (tank track sound, m16, ak, greande, planes, cobra engine sound, machine guns and a few others). They are maybe annoying because i know them so well. I would probaby want them if the ones i have now would be original.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you using HW accelerated sound? I found that planes sounds like crap without HW sound, but quite cool with it.

Without HW, the A10 or the Hind startup sounds like a C64 game biggrin.gif

I bought the game last july and have had it in my cd reader all the time. Currently I don't play any user made missions or any multiplayer (I *hate* the lack of a ingame browser and the long waiting time). Instead I just fire up the mission editor, add some russians, and play away. After a while I might think, hmm adding this tactical situation might be fun and I do it and play away.

After a while I get bored and start up a new map and start from scratch. Oh, yeah and I have been beta testing some addons that other people made and I also usually download some cool addons now and then.

Anyway, it is not any systematic playing but more five minutes here and there when I have time or get a new idea I would like to try out.

I should add that I bore easily and I have never played any game so long as OFP. It's open design gives just too much possibilities to explore to get boring. Of course to get Oxygen and Visitor (or P3Dedit & Wrpedit) would open whole new possibilities and would increase it's value enormously. So I'm watching the development at OFP Internalst with great interest.

hmm, what attracts me to fps games are the multiplayer possibilities. when i started playing fps, doom was my main course, i got bored of such games very quickly what with the rivers of enemy and endless shooting. didn't join a clan till i started playing counter-strike and even though that was fun it wasn't as serious as i wanted.

now ofp is a special story, when it first came out i knew it was going to be good. i read no reviews, it had this magical aura about it, that's why i didn't buy it until december last year(i do understand the importance of patches). the game dazzled me when i bought it, but single player is just practice until you hit multi-player and play with some real AI biggrin.gif . the real meat and bones of this game is when you get toghether with a team of people who believe in teamwork and communication and then fight against other like-minded teams. OFP is not like any FPS in that most squads are very mature and professional so when you get into squad matches there is nothing that can approximate the fun derived from it. i doubt i'll lose my interest in OFP for a very very long time, the fact that i'm finally allowed to fight in a war without really dying, with teammates, heavy machinery, realistic terrain and all the pretty exlposions my CPU can churn out, turns this game into every Stallone/Ahrnie/Bruce movie made rolled into one.

"and that is a good thing"

Yeah me too a bit. Whenever I come to the forum it makes me wanna play it but then I get bored again. id complete red hammer cept the mission takes 10 mins to load

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ April 24 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah me too a bit. Whenever I come to the forum it makes me  wanna play it but then I get bored again. id complete red hammer cept the mission takes 10 mins to load<span id='postcolor'>

get more RAM.

Ive been playing OFP almost continuously since, hell, before the game came out, and I still aint tired of it. Of course, Im into watching grass grow, and of course observing paint drying has always been a hobby of mine...

Ah! Codemasters and BIS have suceeded! Such Brilliance!They have managing to milk OFP for everything that is worth. They will have earned every possible last penny before Resistance comes out. Then we will be infatuated with that for a full year or so until maybe OFP II or something. OFP never gets boring for me, especially after I discivered how much you can really do with it.

Seriously. I can see why people get bored of Ghost Recon. No replayability, small compact levels, etc. Flashpoint is like a virtual world in which you can do as you please.

I have replayed the original campaign twice, and now I'm replaying it on Veteran with Super AI... only now I see how easily I get shot.

Now if only I had a LAN here with 20 of my good friends playing USA vs Russia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 23 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ April 23 2002,23wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have this game since June 2001 and i'm playing it every single day. I'm playing a lot of SP and a lot of MP with my squad. I'm also making MP and SP missions and a few sound modifications. I love original sounds, but some of them are annoying (tank track sound, m16, ak, greande, planes, cobra engine sound, machine guns and a few others). They are maybe annoying because i know them so well. I would probaby want them if the ones i have now would be original.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you using HW accelerated sound? I found that planes sounds like crap without HW sound, but quite cool with it.

Without HW, the A10 or the Hind startup sounds like a C64 game  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. I have HW on afcourse. What sound would it be without it. You can't play this game without HW if you have dolby. biggrin.gif

A10 without HW sounds like a screaming girl. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 24 2002,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and now I'm replaying it on Veteran with Super AI... only now I see how easily I get shot.<span id='postcolor'>

Try Pathfinder mission with Super Ai. That sniper on the hill will kill the whole squad. biggrin.gif I found that mission impossible to complete with Super AI on lol. Other missions in the campaign are easy to complete with super Ai, but pathfinder is really hard with super AI on.

I can't even play on cadet anymore.  tounge.gif

I play OFP whenever I feel like it. I mainly use the editor to try out all kinds of things.

Like: If you place a squad of Russians and a squad of Americans right next to each other, who would win?

And: What happens if you put a T80 on a runway where an A10 is taking off?

Small things like that. Playing with the AI and scouting the islands. Practicing a bit with tanks and airplanes.

Oh, an I also like to storm an American-held La Trinite with a squad of Ruskies behind me. Fun.

I don't run OFP that much. I stopped playing the campaign and haven't gone back since really. I'v hardly run the campaign. Maybe I will play it more when I get this computer fixed up (which should be VERY soon thanks to a friend, I have the 900MHz CPU here just need the right borad for it) this computer gets pretty slow at times. I'v downloaded ALOT of addons like islands and better T80s and SAMs and many others. I ran OFP to try these addons out and got bored with it real fast. I fix that boredom by going back to old games. Altho its not complete boredom as I always go back to OFP. But these addons are still great.

Just got back from doing this:

Go to the mission editor, put yourself right next (less than 20 meters) to a large group of enemy grunts, put a trigger with setAccTime .1 , grab yer gun of choice, and see how many you can waste before they finally get you.

THATS, entertainment smile.gif

I just can't get enough of this game. You guys are probably just a little to fussy. Some guys i know hav'nt even tried the campaigns. Some will only do co-ops, and never do a CTF. I think that to many parts of this game are left unexplored by players, and it's a real shame. mad.gif