Sign in to follow this  
kdjac

Visible markers and incorrect order of troops

hi

I have just finished my 1st actually good mission using various scripts from people and actually getting them to work :eek:

But there are 2 things that have me stumped :confused:

One is some of my patrol markers are visible when playing the game on a server.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/ArmA2OA%202010-07-08%2000-10-54-76.jpg

They disappear after a while but kinda give away where enemys are going to be. No clue how it happened, sometimes they slope off to the bottom of the map. (marker is red,solid named town1,2,3,4,5 etc:)

The 2nd problem is the listing of the soliders is backwards.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/ArmA2OA%202010-07-08%2000-11-36-51.jpg

Leader is at the bottom. Its a default infantry squad with a loadout script in their in and names s1,s2,s3 etc:

Scripts being used are Norrins revive, upsmon, vehicle respawn, Simple support,save loadout. I deleted all scripts and it still did the above.

Have searched the forums for "visible markers ingame" and "incorrect player listing" and variants, no clue why its happening any help appreicated.

Getting soldiers into order is remarkably annoying. I want to say the order is based on when they were added to the map, then changed anytime something about them changes? It's sometime silly like that. The fix would be to delete the guys, and add them back in using the order you want them in.

the order of the troops is first based on rank highest to lowest, then it goes by the order you put them in.

But I think you are saying instead of you being 1, you are like last, yet you are the leader right?

It still goes by rank. I had problems like that before too, even when it was right. Also something was making my units line up in front of me instead of behind me.

If that doesn't fix it, it is most likely conflicting addons from bigger mods, like ACE or BWmod or some of the ones that change things instead of adding a new vehicle.

Also using the Beta sometimes too.

I added the squad using the group option then changed their roles ie more medics.

I delete them and add them in one by one see if that works.

thanks

Use setmarkeralpha 0 in your init file to hide any markers.

Use setmarkeralpha 0 in your init file to hide any markers.

Thanks thats sorted that.

You can just change all the soldiers to non-playable, then set them to Playable in the order you want them to show up. Works fine for me.

Looking at the mission.sqm file in notepad usually reveals the information the clearest. The game automatically "sorts by rank" with the higher ranks going to the left. If you want to avoid, set all 2-12 soldiers to private and then use setRank at the beginning of the mission.

As for getting people to show up at "1-1-A, 1-1-B" etc. as you like. Make the playable groups (the ones that show up in the assign screen) as an entirely different mission and merge them at the end. Creating missions in "layers" is absolutely invaluable. One can make a platoon template "picture perfect" with all sorts of custom edits and then save it as its own template to use over and over. When you merge a mission I think the mission selected to merge is added on top of the already-open one. Thus you'd want to merge the rest of the mission on top of the playable units template mission.

;1676309']You can just change all the soldiers to non-playable' date=' then set them to Playable in the order you want them to show up. Works fine for me.[/quote']

Worked perfectly thanks, i had added them as a group. Deleted them then added them one by one and it works.

Worked perfectly thanks, i had added them as a group. Deleted them then added them one by one and it works.

Glad to hear it.