Sign in to follow this  
Hardliner

I am a russian at last!

At last I can be a Russian soldier or a tank commander and actually sound the part! For missions I make and single missions and importantly for upcoming LAN games. All I had to do was edit the userinfo in the User folder. I suppose many of you would have known about this but I'm just happy I can actually sound like a Russian (well use the Russian accents provided) when I am a Russian soldier instead of having an American voice. I no longer sound like an evil capitalist biggrin.gif I'm joking here its ok! I'm not starting a flame thing here! I liked having my high pitched American voice before, will probably still use it for western missions. I'm just happy. But if any of you disaprove of it I'll gladly remove it.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area or the topic seems irrelivent or everyone already knows about this.

Whats the name of the speaker with the best russian accent?

I looked for them after playing Red Hammer, but could not find them. I loved the main charachters pronoucing of 'All, hit the dirt' in the capaign - sounded like: "All, Keep the dirt" biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ April 21 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I no longer sound like an evil capitalist<span id='postcolor'>

how dare you attack capitalism! flame war!!!! tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

j/k

anyhow, great job for finding new things! smile.gif

Don't know if anyone else has done this but I just go to the User folder and go into my folder in it and open the userinfo file with notepad and go down to where it says Speaker="[name]" and changed the name to any of these names...

Aleksei

Andrei

Boris

Georgiy

Ivan

Nikolai

Oleg

Ruslan

Sergey

Vadim

Vitaliy

Vladimir

I'v only tried Ivan but I'm sure the rest would work (only just done this). I know the names because I extracted the VoiceRH.pbo for the russian voices and they were all there. Just an attempt to make the game more realistic Russians sounding Russian smile.gif

There was another way that someone had on an editing page but certain words were not used so you would get "1: 9 o'clock enemy ....... ....." "1: target .......... ......." but with this way all the words are here like in Red Hammer. The voices also don't work if you go to edit your character like voice pitch at least for me it didn't and you'd have to go retype the name in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ April 21 2002,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats the name of the speaker with the best russian accent?

I looked for them after playing Red Hammer, but could not find them. I loved the main charachters pronoucing of 'All, hit the dirt' in the capaign - sounded like: "All, Keep the dirt" biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean the officer in the beginning?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ April 21 2002,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean the officer in the beginning?<span id='postcolor'>

He spoke terrible english I remember, but I thought about the main character - Dimitri,  right? He can sound quite fun too.. smile.gif

Hmmmm....

What if u use it in MP and some of the people u play with havent got red hammer installed (which have the soundpack)?

Do they crash?

Yeah it might have been Dimitri. I think it was him that when he said "all go to house" it sounded like "all go to cowse" yeah his voice is amusing smile.gif

As for the VoiceRH.pbo file I don't know. If your on a LAN just transfer it to the others Addon folder. Its only 21mb. But its worth a try to see if it works if someone does not have it. It might work. Only one way to find out wink.gif I think the worst that could happen is there would be no voice or they are kindly returned to the desktop. No harm.

So Hardliner, do they actually sound Russian? I'm not Russian, but thought they sounded a bit fake - maybe they're actually right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 22 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So Hardliner, do they actually sound Russian? I'm not Russian, but thought they sounded a bit fake - maybe they're actually right?<span id='postcolor'>

Some of them sound fake. Some of them I think are good. Maybe there could have been better vocies but I can only use what I have got. A few of them sound ok yeah.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ April 21 2002,13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't know if anyone else has done this but I just go to the User folder and go into my folder in it and open the userinfo file with notepad and go down to where it says Speaker="[name]" and changed the name to any of these names...

Aleksei

Andrei

Boris

Georgiy

Ivan

Nikolai

Oleg

Ruslan

Sergey

Vadim

Vitaliy

Vladimir

I'v only tried Ivan but I'm sure the rest would work (only just done this). I know the names because I extracted the VoiceRH.pbo for the russian voices and they were all there. Just an attempt to make the game more realistic Russians sounding Russian smile.gif

There was another way that someone had on an editing page but certain words were not used so you would get "1: 9 o'clock enemy ....... ....." "1: target .......... ......." but with this way all the words are here like in Red Hammer. The voices also don't work if you go to edit your character like voice pitch at least for me it didn't and you'd have to go retype the name in.<span id='postcolor'>

Cool, I'm going to try these tonight online, see if other people can hear them.

-=Die Alive=-