Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

[OA] Enhancing ArmA2 Content with OA Features

Thanks Cyborg112, but no. I do know of the tool & most all of his other tools as well. It's a little more involved than what one of Mike's tools are doing at the moment.

But, not something a number of people wouldn't find hard to implement including myself.

Edited by Synide

I dunno if anyone still cares, but this is something I noticed recently in regards to the ISAF and 82nd Airborne patches. See this picture, it's one of those VBS posters released before OA was. Note how the guy in front has an ISAF patch and the 82nd Airborne one. Perhaps the units were taken from VBS and put in OA, rather than taken from OA and put into VBS?

I suppose it makes sense now that these guys have SCARs, what with them being originally 82nd Airborne, who IIRC have a couple of them.

Edited by Zipper5

no, they were made by johnny in 2009 for operation arrowhead... and I don't think they are in VBS or will ever be

So why the addition/removal of the ISAF and 82nd Airborne patches, and the visibility of them on the heatmaps?

@Synide, well i guess its good to see it can be done but I think you are right in saying its alot of work, but convaluted really. Thanks for finding that out though.

I think at the end of the day, to get it done and delivered properly it is something BIS would have to do.

So why the addition/removal of the ISAF and 82nd Airborne patches, and the visibility of them on the heatmaps?

Possibly because the TI textures were derived heavily (or copied) from VBS2.

Hy there,

I was wondering if someone knows how to use A2 content in OA. I have OA installed and all of the A2 addons but not shure how it works, cant figure it out. Is the mod folder thing the same like in A2 (-mod=@blabla) so i could make a mod with the A2 content with chernarus.

I think the ISAF thing is kinda delicate, IMO ISAF wouldnt want a game developer presenting a game with ISAF personell fighting the mother of COIN wars. ISAF is about stability and bringing peace (enforcing only if needed)

dont think NATO would give green light for something like that.

the heatmap thing I dont know, maybe a screwup, but I do know there is a reason why these fictitious conflicts take part in fictitious countrys.

I think at the end of the day, to get it done and delivered properly it is something BIS would have to do.

I think BIS should, upgrade the A2 options to OA standards. would make buying OA even more attractive as it adds more options to the old campaigns and scenarios.

$ $ $ ;)

Edited by pre-Vet

I think the ISAF thing is kinda delicate, IMO ISAF wouldnt want a game developer presenting a game with ISAF personell fighting the mother of COIN wars. ISAF is about stability and bringing peace (enforcing only if needed) dont think NATO would give green light for something like that.

That's what modders are for. :D

Is other components of this mod going to go anywhere?

I have extremely basic knowledge on how to mod config files and have already started updating several things myself as well as using other mods that change items on your 1st post list.

For example, I've add the range finder and ballistic computer as well as TI to the BMP-3 and T-90. In the near future I plan to add these also to the BTR-90 and the Vodnik BPU.

If people could start to compile a list of the USMC units that also need these soughts of updates I could start on it.