Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

OA Campaign: 05 Open Seasons - suddenly ends ("failed")

I'm just playing this mission, and gd, When I got back to rearm. My hellfires won't rearm everything else will. Is there something I need to do. Because the ULB is pretty worthless with out any hellfires, I used them all on the convoy, went back to rearm and they wont rearm. wtf!

I've found elsewhere on the forum that if you attempt to rearm (hellfires) when you're empty, it will not rearm (hellfires). But if you save one hellfire and go back to rearm, it WILL rearm hellfire.

Has the time limit for this mission been raised yet? I've been waiting for it for some time. Is it going to be part of 1.58?

Thanks

I hope the time limit WILL NOT be raised. 45 min is more than long enough, once you know what you are doing. It was maddening to get through, but I did it, several times, on Veteran. :yay:

A2/OA is not for the faint of heart, only grimly determined, hardcore warriors. There is no need for BIS to "be nice" and fix this mission. If BIS wants to be nice, they should fix the Freedom Fighters scenario, for heaven's sake! You want mean? Try that one.

I hope the time limit WILL NOT be raised. 45 min is more than long enough, once you know what you are doing. It was maddening to get through, but I did it, several times, on Veteran. :yay:

A2/OA is not for the faint of heart, only grimly determined, hardcore warriors. There is no need for BIS to "be nice" and fix this mission. If BIS wants to be nice, they should fix the Freedom Fighters scenario, for heaven's sake! You want mean? Try that one.

Well unfortunately plenty of people disagree, and if you look at the previous posts one of the devs said they were raising the time limit in the the next patch.

Well unfortunately plenty of people disagree, and if you look at the previous posts one of the devs said they were raising the time limit in the the next patch.

Yes, I know. Whining sometimes works, eh? The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Open Season, although very difficult to get through in 45 minutes (until you figure it out), is a piece of cake compared to Badlands and Dogs of War.

Edited by OMAC

Anyone else have a pants-on-head autopilot on the ULB? I just time-failed this mission because most of my mission time was spent waiting for the ULB to stop flying around in small circles and actually go to the waypoint I specified for it. It seemed to happen at both high altitude and low. Anyone else having this problem? is there a way to fix it?

I have experienced the same problem, I'm not sure what caused it. I reloaded the mission and she flew fine.

At one point the ULB stopped responding to orders totally, I'd give her a waypoint and it would just disappear on the map. It never moved.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Cool story bro.

Yes, I know. Whining sometimes works, eh? The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Open Season, although very difficult to get through in 45 minutes (until you figure it out), is a piece of cake compared to Badlands and Dogs of War.

Just because the time limit was raised doesn't mean you have to take that much time to do the mission. If you can complete it in 20 minutes on Veteran. Congratulations :yay::yay::yay:!

Originally Posted by OMAC View Post

Just because the time limit was raised doesn't mean you have to take that much time to do the mission. If you can complete it in 20 minutes on Veteran. Congratulations !

Obviously, but the point of not raising the time limit is that after that is done, getting through the mission will be easier than before, so the "fix" is like a cheat. The 45 min limit is a clue from BIS that all objectives can be cleared in that time or less - you are doing it wrong if you take too much time - try and figure out a new strategy.

However, anything BIS can do to make A2/OA more user friendly is fine with me in general. Play through the A2 scenarios - many of which are ridden with mission design bugs, and I'm sure you'll agree, if you don't already.

Another caveat is that artificial time limits and spawning enemies should be used with great, great caution in mission design, which BIS generally does. Freedom Fighters has both with a vengeance, plus design bugs, making it unplayable. Spawning in particular is the most bogus and unrealistic pile of crap, especially for a mil sim like A2/OA, where realism is the whole point. Spawning should be purged completely IMHO.

...also having trouble with the ULB. After some time, it just won't accept my commands anymore and starts flying small circles in a "weird way"...:rolleyes:

to be honest, it made me very angry a few minutes ago.

Btw., in 79600 timelimit is 45 min.

So they didn't up the time limit? Great!