Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

[OA] UnitCapture & UnitPlay Functions

I got this working fine for strafing runs with the A-10s' GAU-8 and rockets but is there also a way to record the firing of guided weapons with the correct flightpath of these weapons? What I want to do is to record an aircraft dropping guided bombs from a height of 1000-2000m but the AI isn't able to do this on its own and if I record the firing of the weapon it turns into a simple unguided bomb that doesn't land anywhere near the target.

I got this working fine for strafing runs with the A-10s' GAU-8 and rockets but is there also a way to record the firing of guided weapons with the correct flightpath of these weapons? What I want to do is to record an aircraft dropping guided bombs from a height of 1000-2000m but the AI isn't able to do this on its own and if I record the firing of the weapon it turns into a simple unguided bomb that doesn't land anywhere near the target.

wild guess: maybe try to record it in a multiplayer game with a friend painting.

or use fired eventhandlers and manually assign the bomb to any lasermarker near the position.

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? Or is ACE and unitplay just not compatible? I have a mission with ACE and the unitplays stutter horribly.

Just to let you know its not just ACE, but without it as well. It stutters for me on a mission I am creating, and have done everything to figure out what causes it but cant...I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what causes it but am not sure. The only solution I came across is the Maps. I due think maps play a part in the stuttering. Say I use Sharpur, or Takistan or Zargabad it works fine. If I used custom made maps like Lingor, fallujah, it seems to stutter horribly. But other than that guess...I cannot figure it out.

Does everyone get a freeze when a path is started?

It feels wierd when all of a sudden that scripts goes in and makes the game freeze less than a sec, just destroying the flow of the game.

Anyone have this?

Also just to remind everyone that Zombo sent.

take a look on this video tutorial that I found in youtube :

ryB20wQhSr0

The recording works fine but then I cant play it back up, I think the triggers are right though.

There is a way the stuttering is fixed but BI is not explaining how to fix it, if you played the mission CE3_ColtanBlues on Takistan they use unitcapture and unit play for the helo insertion in the little bird. I have unpbo and made the other people in the chopper playable and played it with 4 other people to see if lag was causing it to stutter. It played like it did on single player with no stuttering. So there is a way to do it but BI wont tell us what the secret is.

Well its seems to work fine in the editor, only the chopper and a couple of units (1 Chinook + 5 Infantry inside). Then switched to a the infantrymen for the ride, nice and smooth. Then imported the files into a more complicated mission and played it, Stuttering all over the place and could only be best described in one of the posts before, makes you feel slightly sick :-( 1st person view is not too bad, as long as you don't look out a window, 3rd Person view is horrible. Once you land, i noticed the chopper does do the jitters as it flys. i wonder if its to do with the number of available CPU cycles or some sort of performance issue when trying to play the captured flight path with lots of AI. (funny how i would still get a AI glitch/Slowdown in processing on an i7 2600 3.9Ghz)

Edited by rhyswilliams999

I've noticed the stuttering got even worse after the last patch. In a mission that worked fine before, an MH6 lands on a rooftop in a pre-recorded sequence and drops off the passengers, but now the shaking is so bad that clients are literally bounced off the rooftop several feet into the air and off the edge.

The best way to optimize this would probably be to record a flight path with different frame rates, and then try thos different paths on the server, to find which framerate would stutter the less.

Anyway, i did find an interesting thing with this, regarding all those people trying to have AI shoot RPGs at choppers: A pre-recorded chopper will be shot at by RPG guys. No idea why, but i could reproduce that a few times.

Edit: you guys are talking about MP environment, right? I never had any sort of stutter in SP.

Hey guys, can anybody actualize this? I have problems with unitplay - i tried all the script, videos, but still no unitplay working. Can anybody post a mission where it is working?

The Function works perfectly in Arma 3 just follow all the steps from the Arma 2 procedure except for placing the function mudule

I used a Ghost Hawk and a Recon element as units and the 2 triggers

If anyone would like the raw files lemme know

Ref:

Edited by NoxFord