Sign in to follow this  
jump artist

1 Sector Control map?? and No template??

1 Sector Control map?? and No template?? Hey guys at BIS I really liek the whole Sector control map but why on earth would you only make one? Na no template to let us put it in other areas?

Can we get the PBO released so we can edit it? Again its fun but you guys kinda shot your self in the foot by not making it customizable or making multiple maps.

Hope this gets some action TY

BTW Arrow Head is GREAT good job!

You might be interested in this.... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6357

While your wizard looks interesting I don't really see it's relevance to the topic.

On topic:

I too find it odd that they didn't incorporate it as a editor wizard, let alone included it as a template for customizing it.

The OP wants to make a new sector control map. Using the wizard he can do that in about 5 minutes. Alternatively, he could wait (and wait and wait) for BIS to provide a template or start studying scripting himself. See the relevance now ? :cool:

The OP wants to make a new sector control map. Using the wizard he can do that in about 5 minutes. Alternatively, he could wait (and wait and wait) for BIS to provide a template or start studying scripting himself. See the relevance now ? :cool:

Do AI work with this? i mean can it be used for single player as the BIS sector control template does?

Yes, capture zones are affected by both human and AI players and it will work equally well in SP as MP. If you have other questions the place to ask them is probably http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79842 since I don't want to completely hijack this thread. ! :)

Edited by sbsmac

well the thing is I really like Sector control the way it is, I dont want to change it, or redesign it (other than putting it somewhere else). SO really all I want is the template similar to what the have now. to build that SC map anywhere I want.

they hit that game mode spot on, I just need more of them.

well the thing is I really like Sector control the way it is, I dont want to change it, or redesign it (other than putting it somewhere else). SO really all I want is the template similar to what the have now. to build that SC map anywhere I want.

they hit that game mode spot on, I just need more of them.

I logged on a sector control server last night, and even though I bitched about the 1st mission I played, I must admit BI did things right, there.

The mission had too large empty fields from spawn to objective, making it a sniper fest if 1 side was locked out, and had too many vehicles for the side owning territory, making defending a taken zone nightmarish for the side locked out again (and everytime you see 1 side locked out for most of the game length, you know something has been done wrong), so there was game design flaws.

but in essence, with a few changes, you could have a really, really good mission.

Second mission was a blast, if not for Zargabad and its 5 FPS max :(

Anyway, yes, a Template for this would be welcome.

that said, Mac tool is also neat enough to be used and rerereused :)

Ive seen SC 48 Sector Control, now i understand what the OP is on about now i have OA... this is great

Id like to see the PBO for this, i couldnt find it from the missions PBO?

Mac - Is sector control with 1 zone the same thing as the Hamburger Hill or Team King of the Hill gameplay that is part of your pack? I want to say yes. Your editor is the best asset to the community for those with little to no scripting knowledge and want to structure their own pvp or coop sessions.

Mac? im not sure what that is, is it a tool as whisper mentioned

Mac? im not sure what that is, is it a tool as whisper mentioned

Its a mission Wizard Created/designed by Mac. and it is prob. one of the most useful tools in Arma..... without it I doubt you would have seen 50% of the pvp missions out there at the moment... No idea with the coops etc.. dont play them.

You can check his tools out here :- https://sites.google.com/site/macsarmatools/home

Ok cheers... some cool tools there, still with the Sector Control map i saw some cool interface eye candy and what looked to be zones setup on the map etc, i dont MP so maybe its the standard?

I just played the sector control map in Zargabad for the 1st time and now know why Jump was requesting it. Truly a robust style of gameplay where both teams fight for 3 areas of territory and as the team's status bar reaches the limit, the mission is a victory and then the system shows the game move to the next area of frontline battle. To be able to take that and provide a template for custom islands would be a great asset to gamers. As you play you are awarded mortars, air strikes, etc. Not sure if they work because I couldn't get them to work, lol.

The closest thing that comes to this is either Mac's C&H templates or the SBS Advance & Secure. Good stuff and now I know more why the post was made. Me and my group had a blast playing it yesterday.