Sign in to follow this  
Maciver

Population and Expansions?

Hey guys, couple questions.

Couple of my friends bought the OA expansion, and had told me there is hardly anyone playing the multi player non - co op maps. They were pretty disappointed.

I had recommended it to them because ArmA one was really great, I had alot of fun playing it. Was about to buy number 2. I didn't really care for co op, but I loved the large scale multi player battles. Game mode escapes me atm.

So If they bought the stand alone OA, is that separate from the ArmA 2 multi player? Are there more people playing vanilla version?

Just curious whats up before I buy it. I understand its a niche game, but the amount of servers to choose from that they had explained, seemed really low. They could only find a couple with ~6 people in it. Did the game not take off or what?

A lot of people are still running through the single player. Most people are playing Domination now anyways, which isn't my thing frankly. But those server usually have 20+ people in them actually. Just wait until Benny puts out his CTI mission for Arrowhead and things settle down. There will be more people online soon I'm sure.

Edited by Arrowhead

Ya CTI, that was it. They did see the players in the co op. Doesnt really interest us though.

So people that bought OA are playing with the entire community? Buying stand alone, did not seperate them in any way, from regular ArmA II players?

Will keep an eye out.

Ya CTI, that was it. They did see the players in the co op. Doesnt really interest us though.

So people that bought OA are playing with the entire community? Buying stand alone, did not seperate them in any way, from regular ArmA II players?

Will keep an eye out.

No. Arma 2 mutliplayer and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead multiplayer are completely separate environments.

Bear in mind that a lot of people are still waiting for their copies of OA to arrive. ArmaLeague will be moving over to OA in the next couple of weeks and we're hoping this become the 'default' MP environment for us.

Don't give up looking for PvP yet. With the improvements to the game play and the especially the soldier movement in and out of buildings, PvP has a much much better chance of becoming popular.

AdultGamersElite hopes to have some PvP set up and running in the next week. I personally didn't like PvP with ArmA or A2 due to the extremely clunky feel of player movement but I'm very excited about the prospect now with the updates.

gota wait for the good missions to be made for OA yet

default missions are ok but has never been the highlight of arma series online

gotta wait until Steam will be fixed to.

So about mid july and early august should be a better time to check I think.

Hi all

Berzerk 2.~ is still being worked on by Zaphod there are a few beta test servers running it but is is not officialy out yet for download by the community according to Zaphod.

It would be nice if BIS were to run some official public servers say:

One or two for the US; east coast and west coast.

One for Europe.

Additional Ones for Russia and Asia and Australia after the first are set up and there is proof of demand and success.

I wrote a proposal for this for Berzerk and gave it to Zaphod but he said it was asking too much from BIS.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker