Sign in to follow this  
Azza FHI

My first OA bug

hey, ive got a 5970 and OA will not utilize my first gpu, 2nd is running in the 90% range.

in the bench i got 30fps and 40 when vsync is forced off... in arma 2 on same settings i get 58 and 72 when vsync off.

done my research and tryd everthing under the sun so not asking for a solution but rather asking if u can PLEASE FIX IT IN THE NEXT PATCH.

thanks

This is handled directly by your graphics drivers. Nothing we can do about it.

However, there also should be way to enable crossfire manually using control panel. Many users also use trick by renaming game exe (not ideal, but works).

Hi could anyone expand on how to enable crossfire in the control panel, (looked cant find it) and how to rename the game exe. Performance drop for me also with 5970. Utes empty through editor used to be 60fps now 45fps with OA, (15 with combined ops shortcut). The OA missions and campaign arnt really playable.

Edited by o0Jedi0o

ok no worries, is it possible to understand why its doing this at all? i mean it works with arma2 but not OA so whats different in OA.

ok no worries, is it possible to understand why its doing this at all? i mean it works with arma2 but not OA so whats different in OA.

Well for starters the EXE is called a different name

REMEMBER FOLKS:

Those that have a DUAL GPU set-up , its up to the GRAPHICS CARD MANUFACTURER

To MODIFY drivers to make a game run on DUAL GPU's

NOT the game creator

The EXE name is what the driver uses to work out which way to config crossfire/SLI ,

if you name OA exe to the same name as the arma2 EXE , crossfire/SLI might work

Hi Azer1234 :)

Edit: Ok, shadowze beat me and seems I'm on the right track

About what Maruk mentions that renaming the exe might help ...

I've only learned this recently through my older NVidia 8600 GTS card and troubles I had with another game. I was never aware of this, but it seems NVidia ship their drivers with tons of "game profiles". They usually detect which "game profile" to apply by the name of the .exe which is requested the graphics mode.

This might apply to AMD too. I remember seeing this as real setting on NVidia graphics driver with lots of game profiles and I were even able to adjust things manually for certain games.

So in that sense, maybe renaming the exe tricks the graphics card driver to apply a profile which simply also works with OA.

Would be interesting to here from developers some background information about that as I'm not that much into that.