Sign in to follow this  
ryguy

Warning: Read-only file???

So I'm trying to load a multiplayer mission that works fine in the editor, but now when I try to play it in MP on my own computer as host, when I bring it up in the MP editor it says "Warning: Read Only file!"... So went to the mission file and it turns out the folder for that mission is set to "read-only" so I uncheck it and apply. Then it reverts on it's own right back to read-only, making the mission completely unplayable!

Any help? Thanks

Not seen that before.

Does it do the same for all editor made missions?

Select the ARMA2 root folder and make sure its not read only. (make sure to apply to sub-folders)

Also do the same in your user folder on C: (can't remember exactly where it was since I moved mine) Just do a search for ARMA2 on C:

Did you copy the file from a CD/DVD? Windows tends to keep files readonly when copied manually from optical media.

So I'm trying to load a multiplayer mission that works fine in the editor, but now when I try to play it in MP on my own computer as host, when I bring it up in the MP editor it says "Warning: Read Only file!"... So went to the mission file and it turns out the folder for that mission is set to "read-only" so I uncheck it and apply. Then it reverts on it's own right back to read-only, making the mission completely unplayable!

Any help? Thanks

This is the error the editor gives when your mission has no mission.sqm. Same thing happens when you try to load a mission created in the 3D editor in the regular editor.

I already unchecked that everything is read-only, and this is the only time it's happened. It's also solely this one mission.

@big dawg, does this mean the mission.sqm is gone?

It does mean the mission.sqm is missing, most likely. I know I've accidentally deleted some of my own mission.sqm's (foolishly) and all the missions missing it said "read only".

I already unchecked that everything is read-only, and this is the only time it's happened. It's also solely this one mission.

@big dawg, does this mean the mission.sqm is gone?

That seems most likely. As CarlGustaffa said, it's not hard to confirm. Just check the mission folder and see if a mission.sqm file is present. Without the mission.sqm, you can't load it (in fact, you can't really do anything without it).

I fixed it... but it was very odd.

Somehow the mission.sqm got changed to "missionname.pbo" so I had to edit>save as mission.sqm

Thanks for your help!

Yea, that is quite strange. You say you were just able to rename it to mission.sqm and it worked? I guess it wasn't a properly packed PBO then. :confused: