Sign in to follow this  
-SONAF-Rebel

Add Simple Sound Effects

I have been missing something from Arma 2 since the beginning. To put it simple: Why there are no sounds while weapons are beign switched?

When the character is running, I can hear the sound of equipment. Why there is no sound for holstering my M16 (for example) and grabbing an RPG, or Javelin. The effect itself may be simple, but adds much to the level of authenticity.

What do you think?

Oh... dear god. Don't even get me started on how little soundwork there is in A2.

Oh... dear god. Don't even get me started on how little soundwork there is in A2.

oh go on then, make a list

Do you even own arma2?

Good ideas. I've always though some of the sound mods i've got add more to the game than the graphics. At least for the immersion. Also having AI yell things like contact and cease fire, without using the radio would add to the experience.

Most of the time it just feels like their robots, by the lack of sound they sometimes make. Most war footage i've seen has people yelling their heads off.

Rebel;1648201']I have been missing something from Arma 2 since the beginning. To put it simple: Why there are no sounds while weapons are beign switched?

When the character is running' date=' I can hear the sound of equipment. Why there is no sound for holstering my M16 (for example) and grabbing an RPG, or Javelin. The effect itself may be simple, but adds much to the level of authenticity.

What do you think?[/quote']

I hadn't noticed until you told me. Now ill notice every time. Damn you. :D

The one thing apart from what you mention I feel is even more important and is missing, lay prone and now roll along the ground .. *tumble weed*.

I agree some weapon transition audio like some jangling or even just clothing shuffle would be enough.

I think Arma 2 sound is far far better then arma 1 but since sound mods came out I pretty much clamber for one as soon as I install it .. the walking sounds in A2 I cannot stand to hear at all ... clunk, clunk etc :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Mrcash try Chammy's sound mod as Protegimus is working on better walking sounds.I feel that some sounds are to high also.Like the sound of walking and then you startcoruching and moving slower yet it sounds like your stomping your feet.

Yes sorry, I forgot to say I use Chammy but I keep on reverting back to "VOP2" walking sounds, never heard anything better really.

Based on the previous comments I assume you all like my idea... Would be nice to see some feedback from Bohemia too :)