Sign in to follow this  
GothicOne

Gold upgrade

Different things happen that end the mission before it is complete. It screws up when I fly over to the repair truck and attempt to land. The scene goes haywire and either says "You got lost" and kicks me out of the mission or it switches to an in flight scene where I'm dive crashing into the ground then it kicks me out of the mission. What kind of bug is this? mad.gif

Sounds strange... How long did it take you to get to that repair truck? Did you already recieve radio that you have other objectives (e.g. attack tank columns, pick up ground troops) ?

Yeah the cut scene of me about to land and the repair truck pulling up is where I would get the radio transmisson of the squad needing picked up. Exactly at that moment is when it would screw up. It did it three times in a row from starting at the begining. Thinking I was running out of time I shot the 3 soldiers on the tarmack then grabbed the jeep drove like a bat outa hell to the air base shot everybody grabbed the fuel truck fueled up and took off to the suggested repair truck.

hmm, seems really like you have a program error...

Can`t help you with this, sorry, but maybe someone else made the same experience like you.

i was stuck at the same point. But i lost control of the chopper after taking off. it landed on the sea (didint crush!wink.gif

and a couple of times chopper started to go backwards. i quit the game turned off my comp. restarted and all was clear. still couldnt finish the mission thuogh (didnt have time... biggrin.gif )

Still strange, when I played this mission I had no problem at all. Maybe it`s because I bought the european Red Hammer-update...

There have been several threads about this. It's a bug in version 1.46 (I guess) that makes you lose control of the helicopter after the cutscene ends.

People have been able to fix it by trying different things like flying over the waypoint as high as possible, holding the ascent button (Q) during the cutscene, or turning on auto-hover. Give these things a try and hopefully it'll give you enough altitude and time to be able to regain control after the cutscene ends.

I was able to finish the mission by rebooting and clicking retry. It put me in a crazy retry position though; the chopper was at a right angle to the ground and it bounced once off the ground with the main rotor slicing into the dirt but it didn't crash and I still was able to put it into the air.

there is really something wrong with this mission. my problem was a little different. everytime i landed the cutscene came up i got the command to attack the tank convoy , cutscene was over and the very second i gain control again i am shot.

happened about 15 times , i flew around, avoiding the repair truck but the convoy was nowhere to be seen. dont know what happened the 16th odd time , without doing anything differently i for once wasnt shot down and could complete the mission.

btw , i must have been shot down as i always was in mid air , not even close to the ground and there was an explosion ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i must have been shot down as i always was in mid air , not even close to the ground and there was an explosion ... <span id='postcolor'>

Do you fly the helo in 1st or 3rd person view?If they have AA soldiers,you should see a strela lift off and streak towards you in 3rd person view.

AA soldiers have uncanny aim,and rarely miss.They can be hidden from view under a canopy of trees and still launch their missile at you with deadly accuracy.

as you come in towards the Repair truck,use your hat switch (or numberpad) to look around for a soldier or two.They CAN snipe you out of the cockpit,provided that you are hovering,or flying real slow.

And make sure that you are in 3rd person view,as this gives you the best view of your surroundings.

as i have written before i had problem with this mission too.

i even finished the mission but it restarted all the way from the begining. i almost uninstalled the game but i said patience and voila finsihed it and went on etc.

But i noticed something if you do not receive the radio messages properly dont bother to play the game. restart it. whenever you have the radio messages in writing but no voice it always crushes or something goes wrong.

anyway the bottomline is with luck and patience you will finish the mission. But watch the radio messages with HQ and the squad asking for evac.