Sign in to follow this  
Wire

Hostage/Arrest Module =.=

Im just going to throw this out there, and I doubt very much this will ever be created but meh (maybe just venting lol)

So many people always want to create hostage or arrest situations in missions where they get to a location, find their guy, and approach them to get the action menu option to get them to join their team.

However, this is plagued with so many variables (such as units running away, enemys shooting them too soon etc). And the only way to create these options is to create huge lists of scripts to make them happen. Anyone can go type hostage under search and they can come up with so many differnet scripts. Yet it is so popular for mission makers.

Why dont people just create a simple module to drop in? and have the option to synchronise who is the hostage/person to arrest, and the player who is allowed to do the arresting?

Then pretty much u can just give that guy a waypoint like "move, never fire, careless) so he wont move, and the synchronised module on him will make him immediately go into "testsurrender anim". Then simply when u do approach him, u click the action menu and it runs a sound clip.

(with ur option of either u want to arrest or rescue him from the module) it will play a voiced message like;

Arrest: "Hands up! down! drop the weapon! on the floor!"

Rescue: "Friendly forces! dont worry! we are here to rescue u!"

and presto! he will join ur team. Then u can order him to get into vehicles etc and get ur ass out of the AO.

Its such a simple concept, that any novice mission maker such as me can simply drop into a mission editor and get it running without having the whole "minimise game, edit the config, and back into game" run through (which i will admit is atad confusing).

can someone please make this real? a very nice and clean RESCUE/ARREST MODULE that is easy to implement?

U would be a godsend if u can.

Cheers,

Wire

Uhh, surrender module? Only thing to watch out for is canceling the targeting of the surrendered unit. You can check his animstate, and add the proper actions from there. Not something I'm going to mess with though.

A surrender module only initiates the units to adopt a surrender posture after a certain number of battlefield criterias are fulfilled.

What im trying to put forward is a module inwhich u can automatically syncrhonise the module to a certain number of units which would adopt; an action menu, an animation posture, and a soundclip+sidechat played when activated.

In doing so, one can very easily construct a module that can be implimented into a game to allow for "arresting" or "rescuing" units to occur.

Personally i think this isnt really something for the core game. But modders/missionmakers can do it themselves easily enough.

I actually feel this would be a nice addition. I was playing the Single Player campaign on Operation Arrowhead for the first time and I noticed that one of the enemies had surrendered during an engagement.

It was quite disappointing to see that you could only put a bullet in his head and nothing more.

If it isnt something for the core game, it raises the question as to why enemies surrender if theres nothing you can do with them.

I actually feel this would be a nice addition. I was playing the Single Player campaign on Operation Arrowhead for the first time and I noticed that one of the enemies had surrendered during an engagement.

It was quite disappointing to see that you could only put a bullet in his head and nothing more.

If it isnt something for the core game, it raises the question as to why enemies surrender if theres nothing you can do with them.

Well now you are just asking for additions to the default surrendering module. :p

Wouldnt make any difference in gameplay though.

I think arresting is a good idea

The current surrender only makes them stop and put hands up and it's useless

Add voices, zipcuffs,arrest animations, maybe even non lethal weapon like taser/flashbang/etc to make enemies surrender, and then cuff them and put them in a car or somewhere, and ask them for information

And hostage situations with rescuing POWs or hostages

I had brief hopes that not killing everyone and capturing surrendered enemies in the OA campaign would yield a better attitude from the indigenous population.

Nope, they like you just as well if you're an SS murder squad or mother Teresa.