Enable finer Server setting on 3rd Person View

Should 3rd Person be enabled in multiplayer  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should 3rd Person be enabled in multiplayer

• Yes - Enable 3rd Person
    • No - Disable 3rd Person
    • Yes - Enable 3rd Person but disable firing in this mode
    • Yes - Enable 3rd Person and firing but do not display firing sight

Many love 3rd person and many hate it. There is no convincing anyone to change their love or hate for 3rd Person. It is a personal preference. Most of the discussions I here are regarding the person view in "3rd person view" and not the vehicles view.

The biggest complaints I here are (1) you can see to much (like looking over fences) and (2) you can fire from this view (hide in tall grass and still shoot with an unfair view).

What I like to see is the next version of Arma 2 or a mod is support for an easy server or mission settings or mod to adjust different settings on 3rd person view.

1) Enabling the setting of the x,y,z to adjust the 3rd person view

2) The gun recital to be on or off

3) To disable firing in 3rd person view.

I have look over mod scripts to do item (1), the 3rd person view adjustment, however nice to have them settable in the server or in a mission parameter setting.

I think these type of adjustment would allow a server admin to adjust 3rd person view to satisfy 80-90% of there players. Now the server has to be set to to enable or disable, thus making 1/2 of their players happy while making the other 1/2 unhappy. Or they have to add mods to the mission packs to make finer adjustment to try and make a greater percentage happy.

Can anyone help suggest scripting to create a mod that will allow for all three?

I haven't been able to locate script commands for turning on/off the gun recital or to disable firing guns.

Edited by DirtDog

Yes. Something like that would be nice. Or just two parameters.

- Infantry 3rd person View on/off

- Vehicle 3rd person View on/off

Server should dictate the minimum difficulty possible, but anyone should be able to go up in difficulty.

No shooting in 3rd person on/off, would also help.

This is what I have wanted for some time now, I hate not having 3rd in vehicles with a passion, ruins the game for me since AI must be micromanaged and you can't do that from inside a tank. (I mean targeting manually via mouse not via the targets list.)

3rd off for infantry only would make this issue go away imo.

Edited by Trauma.au

This.

Its needed in vehicles because of the lack of awareness. Mirrors dont work and making difficult manouvres without them is impossible to do safely in first person.

But in infantry its too easy to use 3rd person to look around corners without exposing your body.

You can already turn off the crosshairs in First Person or Third Person views.