Sign in to follow this  
Militant1006

Modfolders help

First of all i did a search for "modfolders" and nothing useful came up.

Basically what i have done is reinstall ArmA 2 because i was installing my mods the wrong way, i think i completely stuffed up the game so i moved all my addons, mods, missions and campaigns to different locations, and reinstalled the game, i'm hoping to use modfolders this time, and learn how to do eveything properly.

My question is, how do i set up modfolders properly?, where do i put them?, and where do I put campaigns and missions?, i'm guessing the modfolders go here

(c:)/program files/bohemia interactive/ArmA 2
(i use windows 7) because for some reason, i couldn't find them in the main menu. After all that i'm going to have to finally learn how to install ACE 2.

By the way i'm not that much of a noob, i've had the game since January.

EDIT:

So far it's like cleansing my soul, getting a fresh start, getting forgiveness from god.

Edited by Militantsausage

You create a modfolder for example @mod1 (gotta have that @ infront), in that folder you create AddOns folder and in AddOns folder you put your addons and them move the whole package in your arma 2 directory... then create shortcut for arma 2 and name it for example Arma 2 with Addons, then you goto the shortcut properties and in targetline you put -mod=@mod1 for example "c:/arma2/arma2.exe -mod=@mod1" and fire it up! you can also use multiple modfolders you separate them with ";" for example mod1@;@mod2;@mod3.

Edited by Ville89

thank you very much and by the way i got missions and campaigns working

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

can someone tell me if this is right (trying to install ACE)

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@ACE;@ACEX

It should really read:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

There should be a sticky for using mod folders.

I've done it!

i've got ACE working and i'm happier than when i bought the game!

thanks for eveyone's help the community is what makes this the best game in the world!