Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Rpgs are waaaaaaay overpowered

I just finished reading Black Hawk Down, and from what the book said, light vehicles (HMMVWs) could and did survive multiple hits from RPG's. So, (a) is the book wrong (b) RPG's used by Somalian gunmen were weak © US armor technology has increased dramtacially (d) gameplay balance.

The correct answers are b and c, possibly a dose of d as well.

The somalian militamen used RPG-7's, in the game we have RPG-18's. Also, HUMVEE's with heavier armor have been introduced since they first came out.

I watched a video on armored cars (limos SUVs etc for ritch) and they showed a HMMV that was VERY VERY tough.. they set off a mine under it.. it lifted the vehicle 6 feet off the ground (all wheels).. the vehicle was messed up but could still drive.. also it had 1.5 inch duron(sp) plating throughout makit it impervious to anything up to .50cal.. the windows was layered perspex/plastic laminant that could absorb tremendous damage.. it was awsom but only had a top speed of 40 even with a more powerful turbodesal because it weighed about 3x as much as normal..

as for the RPGs in the game. yea, they pretty potent.. but its probably to make of for no artillery and the absolute dogshit planes..

LAW rockets are equally overpowered. Oh, well I'm not complaining too much. I think they did it to give grunts a fighting chance against armor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 18 2002,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LAW rockets are equally overpowered. Oh, well I'm not complaining too much. I think they did it to give grunts a fighting chance against armor.<span id='postcolor'>

Lord knows the crunchies need it

yeah, maybe I should. I run on 1600x1200, so I dont notice it

confused.gif

besides, it fits under the Kb limit

ahh shit, 81 pixels over... dammit

lemme change it real quick... hope it doesnt mess up the pic too bad

mad.gif what a travesty. mad.gif

damn rules... 81 pixels? thats pretty chickenshit... oh well, and my 400th post and everything. mad.gif