Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Wiggum

Where to Multi-Play?

Hi guys, now my computer is a bit more beefy. I would like to play online, any suggestions??

Joining a clan will definitely make the cooler parts of the game more accessible to you. ARMA2 is a fun game, but many of us believe its true potential is only seen when you start to play it as a member of a team.

In choosing a clan to play with you just need to decide what your preferred play style is. Some like to play ARMA in a style similar to the way most people play Battlefield or Call of Duty games. The 'plain vanilla' version of ARMA2 running the Domination map is a typical way to do that.

Tactical Realism is also a popular way to play. There are several larger clans that do this. In this style of play, there are usually mods being used, not least of which is the ACE mod. The goal is to make the game play more realistic by adding things like limits to the weight you can carry, stamina, more advanced weapon system controls, etc. This also has the effect of slowing the game play down. Players WANT to play in a realistic manner so there are far fewer instances of charging the enemy wildly, and many more instances of planning, moving with purpose, and using terrain, sunlight, elevation, etc to your advantage. In a word, TACTICS

While there are many fine clans, I'll put in a plug for 7th Cavalry

If you search for multi-player games put this in your filter: =7

That will turn up a number of 7Cav servers. You don't need to install any mods or do anything special to join the Tactical Realism public server. It is often well populated and there you can get a taste of team play. I encourage anyone who joins a game to set up Teamspeak and join a group running side missions. If you've never done this before, it will be like playing a whole new game you never realized was going on.

Anyone is welcome on the public server, but there is much more waiting for 7th Cavalry members. If you decide to check out joining the 7th Cavalry you will be assigned to a drill instructor who will help prepare you for boot camp. After boot camp you will go through several sessions of advanced training (AIT). There are special servers for these purposes using special mods developed by 7th Cav for the exclusive use of the clan. A lot of the instructors and clan leadership are either active duty or ex military. Many have extensive combat experience. We train, have exercises, operations, contests, and more. In short, if you think you know what ARMA2 is all about, you'll be amazed to discover an incredible world of game play, teamwork, training, and fun inside the clan.

Whatever you choose to do and wherever you choose to go, welcome to ARMA2 multi-player!

If you live in North America, try setting your in-game filter to "c5" or "armac" (for the Armacalypse server) tonight. The only issue with playing on the Armacalypse server is that you will need an addon pack to play there. You can download it here:

http://www.armacalypse.com/

Joining a clan will definitely make the cooler parts of the game more accessible to you. ARMA2 is a fun game, but many of us believe its true potential is only seen when you start to play it as a member of a team.

In choosing a clan to play with you just need to decide what your preferred play style is. Some like to play ARMA in a style similar to the way most people play Battlefield or Call of Duty games. The 'plain vanilla' version of ARMA2 running the Domination map is a typical way to do that.

Tactical Realism is also a popular way to play. There are several larger clans that do this. In this style of play, there are usually mods being used, not least of which is the ACE mod. The goal is to make the game play more realistic by adding things like limits to the weight you can carry, stamina, more advanced weapon system controls, etc. This also has the effect of slowing the game play down. Players WANT to play in a realistic manner so there are far fewer instances of charging the enemy wildly, and many more instances of planning, moving with purpose, and using terrain, sunlight, elevation, etc to your advantage. In a word, TACTICS

While there are many fine clans, I'll put in a plug for 7th Cavalry

If you search for multi-player games put this in your filter: =7

That will turn up a number of 7Cav servers. You don't need to install any mods or do anything special to join the Tactical Realism public server. It is often well populated and there you can get a taste of team play. I encourage anyone who joins a game to set up Teamspeak and join a group running side missions. If you've never done this before, it will be like playing a whole new game you never realized was going on.

Anyone is welcome on the public server, but there is much more waiting for 7th Cavalry members. If you decide to check out joining the 7th Cavalry you will be assigned to a drill instructor who will help prepare you for boot camp. After boot camp you will go through several sessions of advanced training (AIT). There are special servers for these purposes using special mods developed by 7th Cav for the exclusive use of the clan. A lot of the instructors and clan leadership are either active duty or ex military. Many have extensive combat experience. We train, have exercises, operations, contests, and more. In short, if you think you know what ARMA2 is all about, you'll be amazed to discover an incredible world of game play, teamwork, training, and fun inside the clan.

Whatever you choose to do and wherever you choose to go, welcome to ARMA2 multi-player!

Considering the effort you put into writing this, I will definitley look at the 7th Cavalry.

CoD is for CoD players,.. I play it, but Bi games are a different kettle of fish. If only they'd sort out the AI issues once and for all,.. I mean, 9 years+ to make a tank drive down a road like a human driver!?

And thanks for the guide... reading while Pizza's in the oven :cool:

If only they'd sort out the AI issues once and for all,.. I mean, 9 years+ to make a tank drive down a road like a human driver!?

You have no idea how advanced these AI have come in those 9 years and its not really a big issue.

Never rely on AI they are just there for backup cover,shooting and cannon fodder :)

I know, I know but sometimes you have to rely on the enemy AI to NOT drive a tank into a building.

I know, I know but sometimes you have to rely on the enemy AI to NOT drive a tank into a building.

accidents happen in video worlds too - nothing is perfect :)