Sign in to follow this  
cyop

How do I make units shutup?

Well, I am sure there is an answer to this, but I cannot find it.

I just want to add a line in the init box of an AI pilot so I don't have to hear, "Target that...", 500 times. :)

TIA

you cant mute single units as far as i know.

you just could use "disableRadio true"; and false again in a trigger to turn the chatter on again if you leave the chopper

Put this in your init.sqf:

{ _x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true] } forEach allUnits;

;)

Thanks for the replies.

If I really cannot disable radio chatter for a single unit, then there is nothing that will work for me.

Anyway, to clarify, I created an MH-60S, with a pilot and two door gunners, for transport. When I board, it is really annoying to hear the pilot repeatedly ordering the gunners to target something. (I still need the radio to work for me when I am in transit.)

Any other ideas?

Put this in the chopper's initialisation line:

this setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

Look at the code that's been given and adapt it!

Use the command

enableRadio false

To stop all radio chatter. Execute it in a script, waypoint or trigger. However, this will stop all radio chatter for everything in the mission, and will stop sideRadio/sideChat, etc. messages from being displayed. You'll have to use

enableRadio true

To get it to work again, but that's the only solution. Hope it helps. :)

OFPEC COMREF entry on enableRadio

Also, due to the way ArmA started letting everyone else hear messages from other groups despite not being in their groups by actually having them say the messages, you'll still probably hear the pilots talking, just not doing so on the radio and quieter. Nothing can be done about that as far as I know.

I know its offtopic but when i read that post title i couldnt help but laugh

The amount of times ive asked the same question!!!

"Go"

"GO il cover"

"Go im covering"

"GO!!"

*Rifle shot*

"oh no 3 is down"

Put this in the chopper's initialisation line:

this setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

Look at the code that's been given and adapt it!

Sure you can chastise me. It's OK! :p And, actually, I did that. Even before I came in here and asked (and with what was posted). Sooo, relax. :)

Zipper5, thanks, but I cannot disable all chatter, even for awhile. I do not use text or radio text messages. I dislike them more than the radio chatter.

Fuzzy Bandit, also, since my clarification apparently was not very clear, the chopper is empty. But, I will give it a go. - And, I will try andromedagalaxe's way, too. Thanks for that.

Last night... ...I had the pilot by himself, and the 2 door gunners grouped, but I did have the 'lead' gunner synced to the pilot, for obvious reasons. So, I just took that sync off. I tried it a little before I passed out (from messing with this for so long). The little I tested, I heard nothing from the pilot. It's possible he just did not spot anything.

Thanks again, all. And LOL @ SteveJA360! :D

Hehe apologies if my post sounded angry! There was no angry intention when I was typing it. Just thought that I could see the answer in the thread but you'd skipped past it! :D

Always good to post a list of what you've already tried though! :)

The best way i've figured out how to lower their "chatter" is to remove the following:

1. Radio

2. Watch

3. GPS

Unfortunately they still call out "man..." or "far..." "right..." "left..." but nothiner else other than those 4 words, which is good, but when you're in "stealth mode" and they whisper this stuff, while your character itself yells out all his orders, it kinda makes stealth mode useless. :(

just set yourself in stealthmode. type in your player init this setBehaviour "Stealth"; and your guy will be quiet. I noticed that russians cant talk in stealth mode, which is a bit disapointing.

just set yourself in stealthmode. type in your player init this setBehaviour "Stealth"; and your guy will be quiet. I noticed that russians cant talk in stealth mode, which is a bit disapointing.

Funny. :) I have not been messing with the game for a long tome, come in here for the heck of it, and an old post of mine is up. Heh.

Coffeecat, thanks for the reply, but that won't 'fly'. The OP refers to getting a PILOT to shut up! Stealth mode works for crap when your chopper has an AI pilot and your taking fire!

This is a transport chopper, with the pilot set to CARELESS, so I can get him to pick up and land (kind of) where I want him to.

And, I never did find a way to get the silly guy to be quite! ?