Sign in to follow this  
Minizzzile

Shooting out of a heli script?

Hello all and thanks for help in advanced.

I was trying to make a mission where the players are attached to a UH1Y (Or any other heli) and are able to fire out with their guns.

I tried creating one but couldn't get a few important steps down.

I also found a few scripts on ArmAholic and such but none seemed to work correctly. They would disable any keyboard input or wouldn't let you get back out of the helicopter. If anyone knows of any good scripts I could use or change to work with any helicopter, it would be muchly appreciated :D

I tried this one, It seemed to disable the player from using the keyboard once you hopped back out of the helicopter. Which forces you to ALT + F4 out of the game. Can anyone else confirm this? Might just be an ACE related problem? Seems like a big issue with the script for it to go by "unnoticed"

Thank you for the help

Edited by Minizzzile

I think he means like this.

I saw something similar in ArmA 2, but I can't find the video.

I think he means like this.

I saw something similar in ArmA 2, but I can't find the video.

Huh wow, was he actually walking around in the vehicle without falling through? HAX!

Haha yes yes, that is effect I want for the UH-1Y (Or Blackhawk) with the players being able to fire out.

This script (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5894) allows you to do that but locks up the players keyboard after use...

@Minizzzile - I updated the attachTo script for shooting from a chopper door a little while ago but I don't think the update ever found its way to ArmAHolic.

This version should fix the problem with the keyboard locking up:

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/at...oor03.utes.rar

Thanks, but the link dosen't seem to want to work. I think I was able to find the files though.

Edited by Minizzzile

Huh wow, was he actually walking around in the vehicle without falling through? HAX!

Haha yes yes, that is effect I want for the UH-1Y (Or Blackhawk) with the players being able to fire out.

This script (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5894) allows you to do that but locks up the players keyboard after use...

Some dude was working on a script. I pm'd him and he said he would release it eventually.. but... still nothing :(

here is it from a C130. Perhaps someone could shed light on how this is done

^ That wont enable it to work while moving. The C-130 is actually stationary way up in the air, and you walk using attachto i think, unsure of the specifics.