Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

World tools 1.0 released

If you mean a black square with a dot for every tree placed yes, it's already on the program but deactivated.

My only problem is to have big images (more than 5120px) due library limitations, but i can try with some third party libs if you don't need a preview.

Is that you need?

yeah it would defintly help to have it the same size in pixels as the _sat/_mask image, I've already done this for my island from screen capturing visitor and pasting it in photoshop, I'd hate to have to do that for a larger terrain though

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

it would be useful if you could adjust how many pixels would go into one object aswell

it would be useful if you could adjust how many pixels would go into one object aswell

This will not be a problem. if size is > 2x2 you can also specify the shape: circle or square with required radius. Maybe circle?

But i still don't understand what is your need... shadows are already generated by objects as far as i know...

Sounds good.

Shadows disapear over a distance, and quite often you end up with too much light underneath the forests, consider it like baking an ambient occlusion map of all the terrain objects.

I think the same was done on podagorsk, but ill try and post up some screens of what i mean tonight

satlcocopy.th.jpg

this is the result from screen grabbing visitor and selecting the colour ranges of vegetation and applying a blur filter in photoshop,

probably a bit intense in these shots but the effect is noticeable i think.

manaisland09.th.jpg

manaisland07.th.jpg

Its really just another useful piece of information to add to the _sat image and might have other uses but in this case Ive multiplied it over the forest parts of the _sat.

first.. thanks, updates are great. It crashed for me first, but then i uninstalled and reinstalled, guess it didn't like to be installed on top 1.2... now it works fine.

For future version, please please..

1) In forest generator, make it possible to see the picture same as object manager.

2) ADD pics for forest.. they are not impossible to learn but it isn't easy to remember bushes, trees.

Another idea, when exporting from forest generator. The option to export into maxium number of allowed objects, now if you use it with say 60 different objects, you end up with 60 files even if perhaps only 2-3 was needed. Perhaps a dialog to "split in files with 500 objects" or something. So people can choose how they prefer (i for one prefer fewer files to import and let visitor to work until is done) but it isn't bad to export for each files either so please don't replace that option. Add a new one :)

I can help with making the pictures in like 3 weeks when I get home if you want..

Edited by granQ

first.. thanks, updates are great. It crashed for me first, but then i uninstalled and reinstalled, guess it didn't like to be installed on top 1.2... now it works fine.

I didn't noticed this issue. Thank you for reporting, i'll investigate on it for future releases.

For future version, please please..

1) In forest generator, make it possible to see the picture same as object manager.

This will not be a problem. Will check for this on next release.

2) ADD pics for forest.. they are not impossible to learn but it isn't easy to remember bushes, trees.

Eheheh :) i was tired to set/view/copy/paste images on object manager and i "missed" pictures for bushes and trees. I recognize it will be useful, due the fact i'm watching on V3 before placing on map.

But i should admit i will place an object type and i will check for results with bulldozer. Sometimes i apply an object replacement on V3 with other kind of objects to see results directly on map.

Another idea, when exporting from forest generator. The option to export into maxium number of allowed objects, now if you use it with say 60 different objects, you end up with 60 files even if perhaps only 2-3 was needed. Perhaps a dialog to "split in files with 500 objects" or something. So people can choose how they prefer (i for one prefer fewer files to import and let visitor to work until is done) but it isn't bad to export for each files either so please don't replace that option. Add a new one :)

If you mean an export by object number (but with all objects mixed together) it will be simple to do.

Another way could be export single files for objects than are more than a predefined value, and mix other objects in a single file for "miscellaneous objects". I'll think about.

I can help with making the pictures in like 3 weeks when I get home if you want..

Send me a PM if you do this before my next release :)

Will be appreciated ;)

Hey Shezan, I've tested the export to image function and it works well, great that you can export multiple images too, nice work.

Im wondering if it would be possible to control the height of each tree in the forest via a black and white mask, could you import multiple data images into world tool for different purposes?.

Im guessing this might steer away from the way the forest generator currently reads image data, but if we could control what flora spawn and how large depending on a height map of the forest/zone, i think it could create more realistic forests (in some situations)

I placed some trees in visitor and recorded some data to help explain what i mean.

elmtreedatacopy.th.jpg

Each different tree type can only exist between a certain colour range and also reads scale from the colour value, so this data would have to be recorded for each object involved in the operation.

I suppose it really comes down to weather or not you can import this much information into visitor.

edit: you might be able to include the width of the object, this could determine how much the objects are spaced apart.

Edited by mikebart

Hi mike. The tree height is not "controllable" by World Tools due limitations on the V3 import script. This script doesn't support the import (or the export) of the object size and for this reason i'm not able to export different object sizes.

My efforts in making a forest variation was done by merging my mask file with my heightmap file, reduced to a 4 colours file with some transparency.

In this case i've obtained 4 color variations for each mask color (the heightmap, merged with the background color, changed the color in 4 gradiations) and i've associated to each variation of green (my color for forests) a different percentage of trees.

So for the darker green i've used some fagus, and no pinus, increasing percentages of pinus (and decreasing fagus ones) obtaining a gradual variation between low and high altitudes.

In my case i've used 4 colors for heightmap, but with patience you can make a more accurate configuration.

Finally i've exported one color for time and imported in V3.

Before import i've changed default range size in V3 natural objects definitions.

In next release i will probably check for the opportunity to export files by background color instead of object type.

My mask

forest.png

Edited by shezan74
map updated

First of all, thanks for the marvelous tool. It really helps a lot in developing reasonably looking terrains.

But I've run into a problem. It seems to me that I can't use one object at two mask's colors with different probabilities of placement. Let's suppose I have two-colored (eg. green and red) vegetation mask. I want the green color to represent a forest with majority of betula trees and minority of fagus trees so I add to that color t_betula1f (with 70%) and t_fagus2f (with 30%). The red is to represent a forest with majority of fagus tres and minority of betula trees, so I add the trees to the red color with probabilities 70% and 30%. And then I realise that probabilities in the green color were also changed and now I have at both colors betula with 30% and fagus with 70%.

Is that intended? Is than a bug? Do I make something wrong?

And then I realise that probabilities in the green color were also changed and now I have at both colors betula with 30% and fagus with 70%.

Is that intended? Is than a bug? Do I make something wrong?

It's really strange. I didn't have this trouble at all, neither with a 32 colors map. Did you cloned objects between one color to the another?

Are you able to reproduce the issue? i'm trying with a 2 color mask but i didn't have the problem.

This was my test map

issue.png

This is the export result for Betula2f

issue_t_betula2f.bmp

This is the export result for fagus2f

issue_t_fagus2f.bmp

Can you provide me your background image and a screenshot of your settings?

I didn't use 'clone' option, I just added the trees by 'Add object type'. I've just repeated the procedure to be sure it's not my mistake and it happened again.

My settings are 512 x 4, mask is 2048x2048.

Steps:

1. Load Forest mask

2. Analyze image

as a result I have two available colors

3. Add ca\plants2\tree\t_betula2f with 70% probability to first color

4. Add ca\plants2\tree\t_fagus2f with 30% to the first color

5. Add ca\plants2\tree\t_betula2f with 30% to the first second color (sorry for the mistake)

when I click 'add object' the betula2f is added to the second color with probability 30% but at the same time the 70% of betula2f from the first color changes to 30%

I can upload the mask but it's an ordinary 2048x2048 png with just two colors (ok, I uploaded it: http://img143.imageshack.us/i/wolrldtoolstest.png/).

edit

When I use copy-paste function the problem doesn't seem to appear.

Edited by lecholas
New discovery :)

Got it...

Working on, thank you.

New version 1.3.1 here

Changelog:

Version 1.3.1

· Bugfix: The percentage of a placed object could under some conditions will screw up percentages of the same object type in another color. [Reported by Lecholas]

· Small optimizations on fence placement (object relocation now starts from end of the selected object and no more from it's middle point).

Edited by shezan74

Hello Shezan74,

I have a little question:

I've written a very small script to place a set of rails: two straights and three curved sections.

it looks like this:

begin
InsertObject(f31a6c08-e87f-4150-8d95-cd4c7a912507;0;0;40;Red) //rail dam 40m
InsertObject(6a264b23-1d4f-47e3-b71e-14cf37c99a4d;5;0;20;Red) //rail dam curve right r30 20m
InsertObject(6a264b23-1d4f-47e3-b71e-14cf37c99a4d;10;0;20;Red) //rail dam curve right r30 20m
InsertObject(6a264b23-1d4f-47e3-b71e-14cf37c99a4d;10;0;20;Red) //rail dam curve right r30 20m
end

The result is quite nice at first:

dihvrail1.th.jpg

But close up, one notices that the straight and the curve don't fit:

dihvrail2.th.jpg

Now I thought: No problem, I'll just use the 'MoveCursor' command. I know that the deviation is +0.14 and -0.05, so:

begin
MoveCursor(0.14;-0.05) 
InsertObject(6a264b23-1d4f-47e3-b71e-14cf37c99a4d;5;0;20;Red) //rail dam curve right r30 20m
end

Unfortunately, the MoveCursor command seems to ignore the decimal places. All values smaller than 1 are ignored.

btw: I tried it both with "," and "." as decimal point.

Final world size is 12288x12288, preview size is 2048, world size multiplier is 6.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Cheers,

D.

Technically you did the right thing...

Did you tried to place the railway using the normal fence generator function instead of scripting? (and using "right curves" when making right turns, and left when making left turns, using personalized angles?

Anyway i will check now the movecursor function, to make it suitable for decimal adjustments.

I will send you a link for new version in a while.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

EDIT:

A small test using this script:

begin
InsertObject(ac9ae96f-4819-4e6d-8825-499ece471e04;0;0;5;White) //ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2
MoveCursor(0.14;-0.05)
InsertObject(ac9ae96f-4819-4e6d-8825-499ece471e04;0;0;5;White) //ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2
end

Produced this export:

"ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2";212.5;9958;0;0;
"ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2";217.45;9957.86;0;0;

As you can see the second object result shifted by -0.05 in the Y coord, and by 0.14 in the X coordinate. This was the result without the movecursor command:

"ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2";212.5;9958;0;0;
"ca\structures\wall\wall_woodf_5_2";217.5;9958;0;0;

Can you post the exported file result?

Edited by shezan74

And many thanks for the great tools and your fast response :)

And yes, at first I tried the normal fence generator function - it returned the same result as the first script I posted.

Cheers,

D.

And many thanks for the great tools and your fast response :)

And yes, at first I tried the normal fence generator function - it returned the same result as the first script I posted.

Cheers,

D.

Well... concurrent posts :) check previous post i've edited. Can you send me the export file? i wish to load into my editor and check the results.

Sure, just a moment...

EDIT:

Funny thing:

WITH MoveCursor:

"railsn_40";2070;10488;0;0;

"railsn_curve_r30_20";2084.872;10512.962;0;5;

WITHOUT MoveCursor:

"railsn_curve_r30_20";2070.872;10517.962;0;5;

It has ignored the decimal dot and added/deducted meters instead of centimeters.

BUT: if I use "," instead of ".", it is correct:

"railsn_curve_r30_20";2071.012;10517.912;0;5;

Ok, but in Visitor it's wrong again. Visitor cuts the 1/1000 parts of the coordinates and rounds the 1/100s in a strange way... See: coordinates of the curved rail after import in Visitor:

X: 2071.01 Z:10517.9

EDIT 2:

Visitor simply cuts every number that exceeds 6 digits!

Crap, that... so no railroads in areas where any coordinates are larger than 9999.99...

Oh well - So everything's alright with the World Tools.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

I will continue in Private Messages to avoid spamming :)

A little suggestion:

Could you add a feature that automatically & mathematically rounds any coordinate-output to numbers with no more than 6 digits?

That's at least better than letting Visitor just cut off everything that is too long.

Cheers,

D.

EDIT: oh well, forget it. In fact, that doesn't really help at all.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov