Sign in to follow this  
Dariusz1989

CPU Xeon - not supported?

Heya

I just got back to arma 2 just to see if I can play it now with new GTX 480 graphic card...

Is it just me or this game really hate me ? I'm getting 20 fps LOL ! I did path it up to 1.07 which should make it work with all the new optimizations....

The funniest thing is that new patch should allow me to use more than 4 cores.. and Yet I still had to -cpuCount=16 in order to use up to 50% cpu (wow nice).... but then my GPU is going max to 50% only... and it takes only 1 gb of ram... cpu jumping from 5-50%... wrrr

Any1 got any idea what to do ?

btw Punisher5555 thanx for ur help over mail... never got the chance to thank you sory !

Edited by Dariusz1989

actually the new patch just use -cpuCount=4 by default on anything equal to quadcore or more

so ofcourse 6/8/12/16 core systems (or multicpu) needs to be adjusted to cover the proper amount of native cores

(be warned that virtual cores (hyperthreading) causing problems)

in your case try disable hyperthreading in BIOS (virtual cores)

and use -cpuCount=8

Umhhh.... cant Disable HT... I'm a CGI artist its not gonna work with me if everytime I want to play game for 15 minutes when render is going I have to restart PC :/ damn !

Umhhh.... cant Disable HT... I'm a CGI artist its not gonna work with me if everytime I want to play game for 15 minutes when render is going I have to restart PC :/ damn !

well just try use -cpuCount=8 then ...

Yea it was my plan :) I got it down to 8 but still 25-40 fps... 40 was toping but most of the time around 30... Yea 30 its pretty smooth but still for GTX 480 id expect to get 70+ and the game only use 50% of gpu :/

I have the gtx 460 and get 68 in armaoa 08 bench mark.

make sure you delete everything in your documents related to aram2;the game will create new one's; when i upgraded from gtx 260 i saw no improvement until i deleted these files even when u do a full re-install as these files remain until you manually remove them

Nop didnt help

I still cant help to think why the heck ARMA is not using more RAM or GPU ? It only use 50% of GPU and about 1 gb of ram which is a joke lol :/