Sign in to follow this  
ArmedBoy

Aiming troubles

Hi all, i'm a big fan of bistudio games(probably like most of you ;)) and after played the first arma some years ago, today i bought arma 2, installed, patched to 1.05 and tweaked to match my hardware configuration.

The game is awesome and everything seems to work properly, except one thing.

With some rifles, when i shoot, the bullet hit at below-right of the crosshair.

Here there is an image that explains all

arma2hit.jpg

Note that this happens only when i use the 'hold breath' key for zooming without scope. If i use the red dot scope, i hit with the maximum accuracy.

Note also that there is no dispersion. In the image, i fired 5-6 shots and the decals are very close, as you can see i hit almost at the same point.

The problem is that the crosshair is in another place, but not too far.

Do you think that someting has triggered fade?

The cd key is ok because i play online without problems.

Anybody can help me?

I have another question about the game controls:

When i start a mission, the player run by default, and i have to double press the shift key to switch to 'walk'. There is a method to set to walk by default instead of run?

Edited by ArmedBoy

Perhaps the aiming thing is much higher than the barrel.

It's because when you're zoomed in it's not directly related to where the cross hair is, think about it. The crosshair is in the direct center of the screen, but the player holds the gun slightly to his right hand side, and the iron sights which the crosshair is based off are slightly higher than the barrel, just use actual iron sights or get ACE2 and use CQB sights. :)

Thank you for the answer, usually i use arma iron sigths but sometimes i acquire the target and fire using hold breath zooming.

The last strange thing happens when i show the ingame map.

In this view by double clicking one tool eg. clock, or compass, i can enlarge it, as you know.

Sometimes it is difficult because if i place the mouse pointer exactly over one tool, the cursor still select the map as the tool wasn't there. To select one of them i have to place the cursor slightly on top of the tool so that the cursor falls on the map, but now i can select it.

It's not a serious problem, but i would know if it happens only to me.

Thanks a lot :yay:

Edited by ArmedBoy

Do you by any chance play in windowed mode?