Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Ambush!

How difficult is the mission for you?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is the mission for you?

• It's too hard, should be easier.
    • It's too easy, make it more difficult.
    • It's just alright, keep it like that.

Starting the mission doing the driving I was told to turn right at the next crossroads so off I went looking for 'crossroads' and then realised it should have been just take the next right, maybe correct that W0lle?

Uhh yes 'crossroads' is indeed wrong. I'll fix that in the next version, thanks.

The tanks not rolling in I noticed once but thought we were just too fast in cleaning the town. Anyone else has this problem? If so then I must check where they are stuck, lazy buggers. The trigger for it and the synchronization with their waypoint is there for sure.

If the mission is too easy, try it in Veteran mode. There are a couple more units available in and around the village. ;)

Hi W0lle,

Just joined the forums to say how much I am enjoying your mission. I am finding the opposite to Ducatisto and think it is bloody hard (but then i am crap). However i have been playing the mission with all the mods that The.D is recommending in the arma 2 addons and mods: discussion. I think it is brilliant and hope to get many hours of pleasure playing this excellent work of yours.

Well done to you sir.

Andy.

Version 0.90 available, see first post for link.

• Fixed error in "bravodown" script
  • Removed Corporal rank from regular units
  • Slightly reduced waiting time for tanks moving in

I decided to make the mission a bit easier after losing 3 men already outside Vyshnoye in 2 test runs. Once there are no more issues left I can provide a hardcore mission with the Corporal ranks back for those who like it tough. ;)

Hi W0lle, I've just played your mission it was a great one. Had a good pace to it. I've had the game a week and a half, but on the mission I had a gut feeling I was always going to get shot from any direction so I kept in good formation and stuck to cover. Got a nice amount of kills racked up :)

The only thing I can say that is hardly a negative is when the humvee drives off at first and you are waiting for it to change cut scene, it's a little longer than expected as you can tell it's waiting for the humvee to get to a certain destination. No biggie though and great mission.

I'll have to search for any more you may have done, unless you care to point me in the right direction? ;)

First try with new version - the AI didnt obey the order and one of them threw a handgrenade at a tree - this grenade bounced back and killed half of the team. :D

Second try - we all made it but in Vyshnoye we were waiting too long for russians. I went alone to report tanks and the group got moving but suddenly a LAV appeared and drove around. Didnt pick us up and disappeared... :confused:

Some suggestions

- add name/short description for mission in SP menu

- dont translate all phrases/words to literally, use common native/military speech

- make an better outro (meh...)

First try with new version - the AI didnt obey the order and one of them threw a handgrenade at a tree - this grenade bounced back and killed half of the team. :D

And a few minutes before he said: "I don't want to see one hand grenade take out half my squad" :)

That's the great thing: You really never know what happens.

Second try - we all made it but in Vyshnoye we were waiting too long for russians. I went alone to report tanks and the group got moving but suddenly a LAV appeared and drove around. Didnt pick us up and disappeared... :confused:
I reduced the waiting time for the tanks now and at the last test they were coming in though I didn't survived long enough to check if the retreating finally works.

The LAV is just coming in as (desperate) reinforcement, it's not meant to pick you up.

Some suggestions

- add name/short description for mission in SP menu

- dont translate all phrases/words to literally, use common native/military speech

- make an better outro (meh...)

The name and description are there but for whatever reason the localization doesn't work for mission name and overview text. :mad:

In the next version I will use english only for Mission name and overview, atleast until I found a solution that works

What language you're talking about? I had native speakers for all the translations available, just the english one is taken from the original with just the necessary modifications. If you want to modify the text you're more than welcome to do so. ;)

Outro... meh I hate intros/outros and cutscenes but will see what I can do.

I would say spare some time with translation - english is ok and 90% of players understand it. Better keep on making good missions with intros and outros. ;)

That is my conclusion too, the additional work and time spent on the translations seems not worth it after all.