Sign in to follow this  
suma

70054-70184 stability and performance feedback, compared to 1.05

Describe 70054-70184 stability and performance compared to 1.05 version.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Describe 70054-70184 stability and performance compared to 1.05 version.

• Stunning - performance a lot better, a lot more stable
    • Great - performance is a lot better, no new crashes or stability issues
    • Good - performance is a little bit better, no new crashes or stability issues
    • Mixed - performance better, but unstable (sometimes crashing)
    • Stable - performance same or not improved much, but a lot more stable
    • Same - it seems the same, I cannot see any significant difference
    • Slower - it runs a little bit slower, no new crashes or stability issues
    • Bad - it runs slower, it is somewhat unstable
    • Terrible - it runs a a lot slower, or it is very unstable (crashes a lot)

Ok thanks, and for Final patch (sorry I'm a noob :D) does that mean no more patches? or final patch for those beta patches.

"Final" in this case means "stable" and "official". These are just beta patches. It doesn't mean that it will be the last patch for Arma 2.

Ok, thanks Zipper...As Ive said, I'm a noob :). Do you think the Final patch will be out sometime during the summer? or earlier? =]

Ok, thanks Zipper...As Ive said, I'm a noob :). Do you think the Final patch will be out sometime during the summer? or earlier? =]

My guess (and this has no basis in anything the devs have said) is that it will come out around when Operation Arrowhead is released, possibly (hopefully) sooner.

That would be great, I thought they put off Patching until the expansion came out lol :(

The stuttering I'm referring to is not really very "micro", though. I do get some "micro" stutter when flying around, but it's hardly noticeable and doesn't bother me. I'm talking pretty considerable framerate drop stutter when turning quickly with Video Memory set to anything other than Default.

I got the same but I think it is not (BETA) patch related, I think it's the latest Nvidia driver(s), but I <was too lazy>|<did not want to> roll back to earlier drivers in order to confirm it, but I DID already roll back to February BETA which was performance-wise running fine (in this regard) and experienced the same issue, still.

Please, other Nvidia users with this issue, tell me if you tried by rolling back BETA or drivers.

EDIT: currently I'm -FLUSH'ing the VRAM all ~30 minutes in order to play

Edited by Fireball