Sign in to follow this  
logitrust

Is this error message familiar? X3DAudio1_6.dll

C:\windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll are either not designed to runs under Windows, or contains an error. Try reinstall the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for assistance.

All feedback is appreciated!

I get the same error - I upgraded my Directx but it still did not work. Both the demo AND the full version give me this error.

I downloaded the Feb Directx update from Microsoft, then extracted and installed. It went through the updating process and when I ran DXDIAG, everything checked out. I also ran the "Webupdater" later on as well.

I am running Win7 64 and just got my system last week, so it already had Directx 11 on it.

Thanks for responding - but I followed that thread and the reinstallation of the latest Directx to the letter - didn't help! Arrrrggggghhh.............

in that case check last posts, seems like the guy fixed it by fully cleaning and reinstalling his audio drivers ...

Ok I did uninstall the audio drivers but did NOT use that cleaner software - is that software shareware? Can you post a link to it?

Thanks,

Mark

to be fair i don't think

the key is cleaner software but proper driver reinstall cycle and redist install ...

try either install the DX redist before or after you install the audio from scratch ...

also try if default Windows audio drivers make difference (if exist) just combined with latest DX redist

To get rid from audio driver/software leftover I use Guru3D Driver Sweeper. Surely works great for me (Win7Pro64)

I tried a meticulous audio driver uninstall - even ran that driver cleaner sw - then reinstalled directx, then reinstalled arma2 - no good - same X3DAudio_6.dll error.

BIS will hopefully answer my email for tech support someday??

I uninstalled the audio driver, wiped it clean with "Driver Cleaner", then reinstalled directx, then reinstalled the game - still the same "X3DAudio..." error.

Does BIS tech support answer? I sent them 3 emails so far..................

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

The sound card (embedded) is Realtek. I checked and I do have the latest drivers.

Could/have you tried right clicking your ArmA2 shortcut and pick "Run as Administrator"?

Even though your Windows account may be set to "Administrator", when installing apps/games/drivers ect, it doesn't always work properly unless you picked "As Administrator" at the time of install of those files.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have the same darn problem.

I've got the same problem and have tried everything x10. Fresh Windows install, clean installed latest audio, motherboard, and video drivers, latest Direct X, did everything "as administrator." I'm stumped. Worked fine before I bought a top of the line new rig. ARMA seems to be the only thing that doesn't run 4x better. It just doesn't run at all.