Sign in to follow this  
tom_

Unit kill civillans

I work on a hostage mission and need to know how a unit (independent) kills 8 civillans, when a trigger is activated.

I tried it with a dotarget and dofire waypoint but then the unit just fire at them but dont kill them always, i can't work with the setfriend command because then the independent will destroy all empty civilian cars which i placed in town, what else can i do?

Edited by tom_

I dont know much about this, but I could probably give you two useful solutions that might help you.

With dofire I reckon you can sett that if the civilian takes any damage at

all he will die.

Name: civ1

Con: ((damage civ1) >= 0.1);

Ack: civ1 setdamage 1;

( You can link damage question with loads of stuff. Like surrendering, smoke etc. )

or

You could just use the DESTROY wp on the unit you want killed and sync the wp to a trigger.

One way would be to use the join command to join the civvies to a group led by an OPFOR/whatever resistance is set as opposed to, then they will be seen as enemies by the independents

You can set them as enemies pretty easy. Place an enemy unit (with a higher rank than the civilian) near the civilian, then group (F2) the civilian with the enemy unit - the civilian is now on the enemy side.

When done set the "probability of presence" of the enemy unit to 0 so it doesn't show up.

Alternatively you can edit the mission.sqm in a texteditor and manually change the side from civilian to east (or west). But I recommend this only if you know what you are doing. Below is an example though what needs to be changed.

Before:

class Item1
       {
           side="CIV";
           class Vehicles
           {
               items=1;
               class Item0
               {
                   position[]={5809.7334,5.5745311,2189.9304};
                   id=4;
                   side="CIV";
                   vehicle="Citizen1";
                   leader=1;
                   skill=0.59999996;
               };
           };

After:

class Item1
       {
           side="[color=Red]EAST[/color]";
           class Vehicles
           {
               items=1;
               class Item0
               {
                   position[]={5809.7334,5.5745311,2189.9304};
                   id=4;
                   side="[color=Red]EAST[/color]";
                   vehicle="Citizen1";
                   leader=1;
                   skill=0.59999996;
               };
           };

Also take note that if you edit the side this way you can not edit the units properties in the mission editor again, otherwise he turns into a russian soldier.

Grouping the civilian with an enemy and then change setCaptive from true to false works perfect, thx!