Sign in to follow this  
dondaddah

Help with persistent "snake face" error message, and ...

help with error messages:

No entry-'bin\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/Solid_snake_face.id entityType'.

No entry- 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.Vil_Akm'

They don't seem to affect the missions, but they pop up for EVERY mission i launch. I do Have ALL the Vil weapons and addons installed in my attempts to get rid of the latter error, but still no luck.

Although they are errors i can live with Any help would be appreciated.

~SALUTE~

An error with vilas Addons I guess or a incompabality, nothing you can do about it except creating the missing classes in a second pbo.

The cfg is missing the weapon "Vil_Akm" and something of Solid_snake_face.id.

You can add these missing classes to a new config.cpp and create a new pbo, iirc vilas cant help you over this forum as he is (temporarily) banned.

An error with vilas Addons I guess or a incompabality, nothing you can do about it except creating the missing classes in a second pbo.

The cfg is missing the weapon "Vil_Akm" and something of Solid_snake_face.id.

You can add these missing classes to a new config.cpp and create a new pbo, iirc vilas cant help you over this forum as he is (temporarily) banned.

Thanx for the response.

(i'm not gonna even ask how u do all that stuff u suggested, since they dont seem to affect the game i'll just learn to live with the pop ups)

IRIE.

!!!?!?!! Solid Snake face? Where? link to it? email it to me anything please I cannot live unless I get a good Snake face.

There's two explanations, one is simple, the other... not so much...

1. An Addon Maker has incorrectly defined a unit to use the non-existent classes "VIL_AKM" and "Solid_snake_face", it's possible that Vilas has changed the classname of this weapon in one of his later packs, in which case, that would be causing the error. Find the AddOn that's referencing these classes and disable them.

2. This kind of error has been showing up with certain addons since OFP, I still have no idea what causes it, but I can confirm it's being caused by the presence of an addon, rather than the lack of one.

Try to find which addon is causing it, and disable that (most likely the Vilas Weapon pack, and source of that solid snake face) that should solve the problem. You should use modfolders, so you can reactivate the addons, should you need them.