Sign in to follow this  
JasonEB03

Continous BSOD with ARMA2 Please Help!

I currently continue to get a BSOD only when I click on multiplayer. As soon as I click on it it hits the BSOD.

Things I have tried to correct the issue:

1) Uninstalled and reinstalled Arma2 and current patch 1.05(properly)

2) Uninstall and reinstall current video card drivers (using all proper techniques and tools)

3) Ran test Multiple times on my RAM, and Video cards (which proved to be working properly)

4) I've ran all diagnostics all RAM, CPU(s), GPU's, and Video card RAM.

5) I've read up on a few forums about changing various settings on the Nvidia control panel, none worked for me.

6) Tech link to things have tried: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic144767.html

However, the problem continues.

There are times when I can play the game on Multiplayer, but they are few and far in between. The problem occurs (bsod) once i click on the multiplayer.

Any suggestions?

Side note: I recieve a message before loading that says Entry not found 'C:\Users\Jason\Documents\ArmA2\Arma2.cfg.3D_Performance'.

Full Specs:

Processor: q9550

Ram: DDR3 1333mhz 4GB (two 2GB sticks)

PSU: 1000w Coolermaster Silent pro

Mother Board: EVGA 790i FTW

VIdeocard(s): Nividia 8800 Ultras (2 Bridged SLI)

Hard Drive: WD Velociraptor 300gb

Edited by JasonEB03

One exclamation mark is enough already, there is no need to use eleven of them. I fixed your thread title accordingly.

What the blue screen says? It usually tells an error code and/or or the driver/executable that caused the BSOD.

What Windows Version are you using? Try to use the ArmA2 executable "as administrator".

Delete the arma2.cfg and restart ArmA2, this time like said as administrator.

Try to run A2 with only one videocard and see if it runs more stable then.

If you run a 32bit OS, limit the memory to 3 GB.

That's all I can come up with real quick. But I'm sure others will post possible solutions as well.

The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80002cd1a13, 0xfffff880071eae80, 0x0000000000000000)

IM running Windows7 64bit

BTW, the only thing that makes it crash is when I click on Multiplayer.

I can play singleplayer, bootcamp, and editor just fine.

Hmm have you been editing your arma.cfg manually?

That have happend to my arma.cfg aswell and i did not edit it myself... it just showed up with errors all of a sudden.

0x0000003b

Cause

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Source http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793232.aspx

On another note, have you overclocked your system?

Installed chipset, network drivers and any onboard drivers(sound example) for you system or is everything W7 drivers?

Your sig says you have 2 * 2GB RAM.

Are they the same or have you bought one stick later on?

-If so: burn a memtest cd on another pc, boot from it and test your RAM (and try removing one of the sticks)

-indeed if overclocked: remove the overclock.

-Try using a single VGA, just to narrow down the potential crash issues.

-If you get a BSOD only when clicking Multiplayer, check the drivers for you network card. (update them or maybe downgrade them)

-Use windbg to analyse your crash dump. It may point to the driver causing the crash.

-If recently you upgraded your VGA drivers, roll back to some known stable versions, for you cards 9107 might do the trick.

Edited by Yoma