Sign in to follow this  
jyppi

Low FPS

I just bought Arma + Queens Gambit expansion set. After installed them I updated the game to 1.18rc version. Still in a first mission my fps is between 20-40 when using 1280+1024reso, 1600m distance draw and medium settings + post prosessing and vsync disabled.

Processor:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory:

4096MB RAM

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

Sound Card:

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic

Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I updated gpu drivers to the latest beta and also updated sound card drivers. When there is a lot of AI soldiers and action is in a town game is almost unplayble. Is there anything that i can do for this problem?

No one knows how to fix this? I have same problem with Arma2 and i thought this will work fine with my computer but no. Both games are unplayable :(

ArmA 1 should be fine but for ArmA II your processor and card

is a little bit outdated but enough for 20-30 FPS.

Try the following:

Deactivate Anti Aliasing

Post Processing to highest

Texture Detail Medium

Object Detail Highest

Landscape Detail (If its called like that): Low

Shaders: Highest

Anti. Filter: Highest

Shadows: Medium

and report back.

Why deactivating Anti Aliasing? Because the post processing

makes up for it and does chamfer the edges in a more ressource friendly way.

Post processing looks stupid... but ya, Anti Aliasing, shadows, object detail are the big fps hit... Also, performance may vary from mission to mission, multiplayer or not.. etc..

Your video card is about 10 fps slower than the one I just bought (ATI 5750 1GB), so I would imagine thats your bottleneck, imho. I base this on Tomshardware Video Charts...

So Tweak your settings so you get the performance you want with graphics detail that is not too crappy.. just because you can set something to MAX doesn't mean you need to.. :)

With your hardware you should be getting pretty decent performance. I have lower specs than you and get pretty good frame rates with the latest Beta (i have a C2D e6400 @ 2.68Ghz with 2gig of ram and an 8800 GT). I also get reasonable performance in A2.

Try the following:

Terrain detail - normal

objects detail - normal (high settings can be a killer)

texture detail - normal

shading detail - normal (high settings can be a killer)

post process - low

Anisotropic Filtering - high

shadow - high (gives better performance than normal - strange but true)

anti aliasing - low

Also I strongly suggest you download and use kegety's amazing lowplants addon as the shaders for trees in A1 are stuffed and are a massive frame rate killer.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2302

Try turning the Terrain Detail to low. Its gets rid of the wavy grass and increases your frames.