Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Downed helicopter in Armory - if lose game just sits there

When I try and do the very fun "Downed Helicopter" scenario available from the Armory - if I fail, then game just goes to my dead body and sits there. When I hit escape it won't bring me to the main screen, so the only way to exit is to crtl-alt-deelte, go to task manager and manualy force ArmA2 to close... which really shunks the game. In fact, after my 5th attempt at this, it crashed and now I don't even start as the helicopter survivalist, I'm a guy in a blue shirt on the deck of a carrier.

Help!

Now that I installed the beta patch it doesn't crash or leave me hanging. But still, this mission is starting me out as a civilian woman standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Which scenario is that exactly? I've created all of the Armory challenges and don't remember adding this one :) Do you mean the TRAP SecOp perhaps?

Are you running any community content such as worlds?

It's a vehicle choice (as in a static weapon) not a challenge. Don't know what would cause the bug, though. Did you try a different faction first before launching this?

"Crashed UH-1Y" is the exact name of the scenario. Now that I got killed it's back to just leaving me hanging and the game definately hates being ended viat task magaer.

So how is it that you are doing this same scenario over and over again? Are you choosing it right out? Sounds more like a mission to me, what unit are you using to get this scenario?

So how is it that you are doing this same scenario over and over again? Are you choosing it right out? Sounds more like a mission to me, what unit are you using to get this scenario?

Go to single player and then choose the armory. Make sure no filters are set and then choosethe Crashed UH-1Y scenario. For some bizarre reason it starts me out dead evertytime and just sits there. Esc key no longer brings up a menu and there's no way to exit out.

I think the confusion is that Crashed UH-1Y is actually a static vehicle, not a scenario (just like all elements of the list are either characters, vehicles or weapons). This particular vehicle should definately not be in the list, so I'll look at that. Thanks for pointing it out. I hope the rest of the items works better for you :)

I think the confusion is that Crashed UH-1Y is actually a static vehicle, not a scenario (just like all elements of the list are either characters, vehicles or weapons). This particular vehicle should definately not be in the list, so I'll look at that. Thanks for pointing it out. I hope the rest of the items works better for you :)

Just in case there is still any confusion as to what I'm loading up, here's a youtube video showing exactly what I'm doing.

DnA - thanks for an awesome game :)

Now that's a good repro :) However, when I try this item myself, it works just like any other static vehicle with a gun. Which version are you playing? Any patches applied? Thanks!

Oh and glad to hear you like the game :D

Now that's a good repro :) However, when I try this item myself, it works just like any other static vehicle with a gun. Which version are you playing? Any patches applied? Thanks!

Oh and glad to hear you like the game :D

Make sure you die a few times and restart. It worked fine for me 10x then went into this mode. It's very bizarre because it's almost like it "remembered" I'd died in my last round even between rebooting the game. I wonder if maybe the file or something corrupts after it has trouble? It's probably one of my favorite armory missions though - wondering if they're going to come up behind you is super stressful, but wiping them out as they come in from the front is equally fun.

Edited by jpinard

Odd, I clicked it and I became an old woman wandering around on the Khe Sahn, even passed a scenario where I had to avoid enemies and survive....

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Does it to me every time and when challenges come up, I still remain on the ship.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Finally got in, but no troubles with it yet.

Odd, I clicked it and I became an old woman wandering around on the Khe Sahn, even passed a scenario where I had to avoid enemies and survive....

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Does it to me every time and when challenges come up, I still remain on the ship.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Finally got in, but no troubles with it yet.

Yes, may times I'm a young woman on the deck of a carrier when I'm supposed to be guarding he downed chopper.

Yes, well I would suggest, don't play it anymore since DNA said it wasn't even supposed to be in there. Repeatedly getting jammed up could be hard on your system.