Sign in to follow this  
Morts

Units not showing?

Hey guys,

When i put items on the map they don't show when i preview,

I did a few tests and it is only the things from the "Empty" 'Faction' anything else will show, there IS other "Empty" items on the map that i have placed before hand, but now they dont show at all. On an empty map, objects do show up, so i was wondering if there was a limit to the ammount i can place in the editor?

Thanks in advance.

Morts.

Any ideas anyone, i need to get this sorted???

(Sorry for double post)

hi, dont know if there is a limit but i guess there would be, how many objects are already placed? normally they would show in the editor without problems.

try to reduce the objects already placed to see if you can get new empty stuff on.

cya

When i place them on the editor, they show on that map, but theyre not there when i preview, there isnt that much on the map, i've had more on the map and it works, its just now, i changed te sqm a bit but just changed classes of some objects t get a addon problem out. But order number wasnt changed so that shouldnt have been much of a problem.

Edited by Morts

Start a new mission. If you can place objects and they appear correctly when previewed, then you have probably corrupted your mission.sqm file.

its too big to start again, so i tried to merge it but it still isnt happening shall i copy and paste see if that works?

*****************************************************************************************************************

Just tried copy and paste still the same problem.

I dont understand why it would be corrupted?

*****************************************************************************************************************

Just checked the sqm, the objects are listed but they dont show in preview, there is an object listed in the sqm that i deleted from the map though. If i just deleted it (bearing in mind there is thousands of them(over 18,000 objects in total)) would it be okay, or would i have to reorder the whole lot??

Edited by Morts

Please guys i need some help

(Sorry again for double post)

Hi Morts,

By items, do you mean empty, inanimated objects/vehicles?

ArmA2 does have a limit on how many AI groups you can have (up to 144 if memory serves).

I have placed lots and lots of objects on mi mission and they all show up (e.g., cars, empty trucks, motorcyles, bikes, etc.).

Best, Splicer.

Yes they are just the empty vehicles, ammoboxes, fences etc.