Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Can't change/delete initial profile. Help?

I'm just wondering... the initial profile created when the game is installed is based on my computer name. I'd like to change it to my login ID - but even when I create a secondary ID it won't let me delete the auto-created one. How can I fix this?

I think you will have to create a new profile. I don't think the original can be changed once set.

If you have a notepad editor you can then copy and paste all the info in the original profile under the new name profile and you won't lose any of your info or settings on the new profile;). Then you just have a new profile name with all of your original profile info. I hope that helps you out.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

I think you will have to create a new profile. I don't think the original can be changed once set.

If you have a notepad editor you can then copy and paste all the info in the original profile under the new name profile and you won't lose any of your info or settings on the new profile;). Then you just have a new profile name with all of your original profile info. I hope that helps you out.

Actually this was kind of an OCD thing - I just wanted to get rid of the initial profile. But if I can't no big deal... I will try and edit the initial ID in notepad (good idea). Thanks! :)

You can't edit the name in notepad:(. I tried for the same reason, LOL. that is why I created a new profile in the game and then just copy and pasted all the info from the original profile to the new one.

Your PC profile name is used by A2 as the default A2 profile (no way to make A2 'not' use your PC profile name) and cannot be deleted.

They really should fix this as it can cause a major privacy issue.

They really should fix this as it can cause a major privacy issue.

How is your computer name as a profile a major privacy issue?