Sign in to follow this  
Treelor

Quarantine 2 - not a release, but a discussion

So, I'm sitting here with the original Quarantine scripts open. I've made my modifications. I've tinkered with it. I've even cleaned everything up a bit, added custom content, and fun things like that.

However, creating a Quarantine 2 for ArmA 2 is a serious undertaking. Something I might not be able to complete, and something people not even be interested in - I figure that if people were, it would've been done by now. I know my local community would be more than happy to see it, but if I'm going to do this, I need to know I've got more support than just a few of the guys on ventrilo. I might even need some counseling with the more experienced mission makers.

Bottom line: Quarantine 2 - How badly do you want it?

I understand that there was allegedly a previous effort to produce this, but its release poster claims that it would be out Fall 2009. It is currently 2010 with no Quarantine II in sight.

Edited by Treelor

So,

Bottom line: Quarantine 2 - How badly do you want it?

I only have a short answer. I definitely want it!!!

I wish i could help. But i'm still learning hot to make missions.

Best regards

I would play it!

I also have a feature suggestion; throw ACE2 in the mix. Realism and zombies make me :yay:.

hehe

First - there are many resources available for scripting help. I don't think that should be a particularly big concern. :)

Second - I always approach modding or mission making in terms of what I would want to play. I make things that I like, then I share them. If people like them, that's great. If people I like and respect like them, that's even better. If people don't like them, that's ok, too, because they can burn in hell like the treacherous little creatures they are.... no wait... that's not what I meant. :D If people don't like it, that's fine - I like it.

Plus, you'll find that it is easier to work on if it is something you like. :)

Good luck. :D

I don't care for zombie stuff, but I have good friends who love it....

definitely yes!

reading this made me install arma 1 with ace and the original quarantine again this afternoon, playing it right now and i would love to see this on arma 2!!!

Have never made a mission myself but i would definitely play it.

@ weegee: same for me. anything with ace just rulez, also zombie missions