Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

Is it worth buying that red hammer thing?

Dont usually come in here wow.gif

Is it worth buying that Red Hammer add on?

I keep looking at it in the store but I dont know if I should buy it. Å10 quid and I can download missions off the net for free. + I have tons of games already.

HmMmMmMMmMM.

nazaire8.jpg

d00d, thats not how you park a ship !!

I bought it, and I haven't regretted it.

I've spent money on much less important things.

And it's nice to have another OFP cd box in the shelf!

Are the 'Red Hammer' missions available online?

Legally?

You just have to buy it because;

1: It's COOL!

2: If more peoples buys the game, they get money to produce new games...

3: The Campaign is better then in the original

4: You get a cool guide, "How to complete the origninal campaign", (ok, you maybe not need it, but its cool!wink.gif

5: It's an order! tounge.gif

Well thats the thing. As a campaign, it's put together at about the same quality as good custom missions (not the superb ones). The camera scripting in cutscenes are average (1985 campaign has better cutscenes like the end credits).

The gameplay is harder, it's you and a few others against the entire US army. Can be difficult at times (good if you like that sort of gameplay).

Personally I feel it lacks the realism of the 1985 campaign, where you had dedicated vehicle missions. What I mean is you had tank training then moved on to specific tank missions, helo training -> specific helo missions. In RH it seems that the vehicle missions are just thrown in for the sake of having vehicles in the game.

But if your a mission editor, you can easily depbo the missions and learn from them. Plus you get russian voices to use smile.gif

Its got some nice missions in it, but they are all toooo easy for my liking and plot is totally absurd tounge.gif

But it is definitely a must buy!!!

yes i highly recommend it too, i found some of the objectives a lot harder than in the original campaign

I also found that because the original was a new game, that every mission was into the unexplored area of the game but having completed it and then getting redhammer i thot i maybe played it a lot more tactful and strategic because by this point i knew how the game played and knew all commands of by heart.

the only thing is whats been mentioned before, the voices are nyaff but wasnt a problem to me

I got Red Hammer in with the game Gold Pack. Yeah its a good campaign altho I don't play the campaigns much. Its good to have only you and your rifle and thats it. No tank support, no support at all really. Early in the missions anyway I ain't got far into them because I mainly don't play campaign as I stated above. Still, get it!

I thought the Red hammer campaign was very poor it lacked the common sense style missions of the original. In other words as Dimitri "Rambo" Lukin your job is to defeat the entire Everon resistance then the Americans and finally the Russians single handedly.

The plot was predictable to say the least, I was looking forward to Red Hammer hoping to get some decent battles against the Americans and finally fighting tooth and nail to halt there advance on Kolgujev.

Thats my opinion, but buy it for the hard copy of V1.3 and the (flik through once and throw in the corner) mission guide.