Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Mass Effect 2

Yo-ho

Im back after years away[im sure none of you know who I am!] from my beloved BIS Forum, been busy what in Afghanistan and all.

I did originally come back to slate DR, but since that thread met its demise like the game itself I've come to big-up Mass Effect 2 instead...Just completed, and damn if it isnt one of the finest games Ive played since the first.

Great game. There are few things that i dont like or will like to be different, but still great game.

Great game. There are few things that i dont like or will like to be different, but still great game.

If they can improve on Mass Effect 3 like they did on Mass Effect 2, things can only get better .

I'm truly glad they didn't arse up with this. It's a wonderful game.

...and you get to deck Al-Jilani again! Didn't even finish her sentence! :D

I'm truly glad they didn't arse up with this. It's a wonderful game.

...and you get to deck Al-Jilani again! Didn't even finish her sentence! :D

Not to mention this:

It cracked me up when I shot Conrad in the foot on Nos Astra that prick always pissed me off,he's the modern version of Mud from Gothic 1

Finally finished the bastard first time around, 60 hour playtime, Paragon, got all t3h @ch13v3m3n+5.

Nailed Tali but good (was torn up how you don't even see her face, though), and blew up the base. I thought it was quite well done, though the "end" seemed a little abrupt - and how come so many of the crew are missing from the final cutscene even though they all survived? Odd.

I'm still wondering how the base will affect the next mass effect. Destroying it or leaving it to Zeberus is quite a big decision... I for example didn't blow it up.

Ok, after another try it seems like you just have to chose the right members for the last missions.

I only lost Tali this time and I even don't know where that happend...but Thane survived, thats all I wanted :)

If you be an absolute c*** the whole game, do no-ones loyalty missions and make all the wrong decisions on the final mission - everyone dies except Joker, that includes you. I'm guessing that save won't load into Mass Effect 3, can't really be limping around the game as Joker the whole time.

If you be an absolute c*** the whole game, do no-ones loyalty missions and make all the wrong decisions on the final mission - everyone dies except Joker, that includes you. I'm guessing that save won't load into Mass Effect 3, can't really be limping around the game as Joker the whole time.

Dead Shepard stays dead :P. But who would want to load that save game anyway (maybe as an easteregg?, shows you what happens if you died in ME2, that would be pretty cool, but not really necessary)

I guess I'm a bit late on the bandwagon but I finally finished ME2 today. :)

I actually did the last mission twice - the first time I dicked around for too long beforehand so was unable to save my crew... that scene where Kelly died disturbed me so much that I actually researched how to avoid it (yeah, sad, I know), then went back to an earlier savegame and did the suicide mission again - this time right after the crew was abducted.

I blew up the Collector base, only Jack died. (Never liked her anyway, so I'm not that bothered.) I was kind of miffed that I never got around to romancing Miranda and I wasn't even aware that Tali was a possibility until I read about it online. Fortunately, since I saved Kelly I got the whole private dancer thing going, so there's that. :D

Very much looking forward to ME3. I'm interested to see how my decisions played out.

congrats :) im gunna have a second play through sometime this year :D

I am starting the game with ME 1 Shepard(both female and male), finished female one, not getting into any relationship with it(want her to be iceberg you know:D), I do how ever want to make male Shepard to be more Renegade through, just to unlock more badass dialogue:D

Edited by 4 IN 1

Hot tip:

Deck reporters.

Two games and two punches in their faces...beautiful...they should learn not to get back up.

I really enjoying this game.

but one thing made me think, I was exploring some planet and read that it was bad for people with cancer to visit because of the radiation, all that technology and still no cure for cancer :)

I really enjoying this game.

but one thing made me think, I was exploring some planet and read that it was bad for people with cancer to visit because of the radiation, all that technology and still no cure for cancer :)

I noticed that too. Surely by the time we get around to genetically enhancing our bodies, and even rebuilding a body from scratch, we'll be able to remove a couple of tumors. Actually, there was recently an article on Slashdot about medical research in nanobots that could target and destroy cancer cells. Surely it can't be too long now until we find a cure. ;)

Btw. I decked the reporter aswell. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just go around shooting people like in Fallout 3? :D (joking)

Btw. I decked the reporter aswell. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just go around shooting people like in Fallout 3? :D (joking)

Another SOB worth decking is the C-Sec and Volus racist scum who accuse the Quarian for stealing things, too bad BioWare drop the ball this time around and didnt add a Renegad action for that side quest:p

Another SOB worth decking is the C-Sec and Volus racist scum who accuse the Quarian for stealing things, too bad BioWare drop the ball this time around and didnt add a Renegad action for that side quest:p

Volus in general tend to piss me off. Their whole cocky attitude, the annoying breathy speech pattern, calling you "Earth-clan" all the time... it's almost like they were designed to be annoying. If the game were more open and "sandboxy" like Fallout 3, I wouldn't let a single one of them live. :D

There's generally a lot of racism going on in ME2. At the end of ME1 I chose to sacrifice the council ship, which has apparently had the effect of making humans more dominant in the galaxy - and lots of people seem to hate them for it.

Did anyone here save the old council when you finished ME1 - and import that savegame into ME2? I'd like to know what difference that makes.

Volus in general tend to piss me off. Their whole cocky attitude, the annoying breathy speech pattern, calling you "Earth-clan" all the time... it's almost like they were designed to be annoying. If the game were more open and "sandboxy" like Fallout 3, I wouldn't let a single one of them live. :D

There's generally a lot of racism going on in ME2. At the end of ME1 I chose to sacrifice the council ship, which has apparently had the effect of making humans more dominant in the galaxy - and lots of people seem to hate them for it.

Did anyone here save the old council when you finished ME1 - and import that savegame into ME2? I'd like to know what difference that makes.

To answer your spoiler...no i didn't because they pissed me off so much throughout the course of the first game...maybe i should go back and try a different tactic lol

I saved them. Didn't notice much human hatred throughout the game, with the only thing really noteable I guess being

that when you meet with your old captain (Keith David's voice) you also talk to the council and they tell you that you imagined the reapers and there's nothing to prove that the reapers actually exist, but they still make you a Jedi, or Spectre or whatever, again.

In ME1 I dont even bother to call them after sending the reports, I remember that you can cut the channel any time, and if you cut them off early in the discussion they will get pissed, not that my shepard will care through, they deserved to be cut off:D

In ME1 I dont even bother to call them after sending the reports, I remember that you can cut the channel any time, and if you cut them off early in the discussion they will get pissed, not that my shepard will care through, they deserved to be cut off:D

I was always pretty loyal to the council in ME1, always took the call after a mission and never cut them off. It wasn't until the final mission that I decided to "sacrifice them for the greater good". It was mainly because I thought that helping them would divert attention from Sovereign and have negative consequences.

I always enjoyed ringing them, THEN cutting them off. Especially the last time, where the Turian goes "Are you just going to hang up on us again?" then Shepard inserts a snide comment and *BAM* cuts them the hell orf. The only good line Seth Green has in the whole game is where he then mentions "That never gets old, does it?"