Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Mass Effect 2

Yep. It's pretty much the same as without the council except...

The council holograms are there with Anderson and they basically call you a liar, say the Reapers don't actually exist, then tell you to go get stuffed. They do make you a Spectre again though, not that it does much for you, but let's you do some things under "official" council business.

the thing i hated about mass effect run was earlier in the game you spend way too much time running from point a to point b.....like 95% of the earlier missions was spent going to talk to so and so then go all the way back and talk to someone else.....other than that it was a good game

the thing i hated about mass effect run was earlier in the game you spend way too much time running from point a to point b.....like 95% of the earlier missions was spent going to talk to so and so then go all the way back and talk to someone else.....other than that it was a good game

Thats exactly what I like :)

Spent half an hour exploring the ship and taking every opportunity to talk to the other characters. Great game so far :)

I like ME2 more than ME1,but sometimes I wish devs should concentrate on varied things not all out action.Perhaps in ME3 we'll see some more exploration and more varied secondary quests(I had such fun with Kotor 1 murder and the trial quests).

These days everything is reduced to "meet the guy/alien,talk a little then shoot him in the head,quest complete".

Somehow reminds me of the Derelict on LV 426 (Alien Movie). For the 3rd installement i also hope for more exploration. Currently, aside of primary and secondary quests, the systems feel somewhat empty.

btw. Don't know if anyone noticed, they have some well made character feature movies up:

lvZM-3ybqkE

UZSWOveXfgU

AOy2wiRo3wA

RdFVO1vzTbs

ArzBeLYIqpU

0QYvQ4_5Fe4

They killed Thane!!!! :mad:

Man, that was my favorite teammember. Is there a way for him to survive?

On my first run i lost Legion and Jack. Both were not loyal.

- Make sure your teammembers are loyal

- Assign only teammembers best suited for the task at hand.

- Miranda and Gareth have Group-/Teamleader skills, Tali is Tech Expert, Samara and Jack are Biotic powerhouses.

I lost Jack, Mordin and Zaeed (DLC character). Mordin was loyal, Jack and Zaeed wasent.

Oh well, nothing of value was lost

All of my members were loyal except Jack (she is scary...)

I lost Jacob, too but I don't care about him.

All members were loyal but I still lost Mordin,tried again and I've put him on my team in the last assault and everybody survived,including the crew.No one gets left behind.:p

I was very impressed with Nos Astra and Omega,beautiful scenery but too bad it was so small like all the other civilized areas.

Btw I was expecting more conversation options and quests from that underworld boss Aria,in fact she was more interesting and I would had preferred if she was part of my crew instead of that chick Samara that looked from a 80's comic book.

...instead of that chick Samara that looked from a 80's comic book.

You can actually get a different Asari character to replace Samara during her loyalty mission.

You can actually get a different Asari character to replace Samara during her loyalty mission.

Gotta be shitting me, the daughter?

Gotta be shitting me, the daughter?

Yes,

if you haven't played the mission already, there's a point at which you can decide which one lives, and which one dies.

I chose Mira in the final mission to hold up the enery field to protect the team against those bugs. She was pretty weak at the end and thats why Thane died. Does this happen with other characters, too?

On my second playthrough i´ve chosen Garrus to led the half-group, Tali for system hacking, Samara to provide the barrier and Mordin to led the remaining crew to the shuttle. No team casualties, although i lost half the Normandy crew because i played safe before making the portal jump. All except Miranda were loyal (i romanced Jack and haven't been given a dialogue option to diffuse the differences between them). All ship upgrades.

I chose Mira in the final mission to hold up the enery field to protect the team against those bugs. She was pretty weak at the end and thats why Thane died. Does this happen with other characters, too?

Nah, powerful biotics like Samara/Jack/Morinth are way better at it.

Nah, powerful biotics like Samara/Jack/Morinth are way better at it.

Right than I'll take a different team setup the next time. Thought they'd be all equal regarding their biotic powers...

Yes,

if you haven't played the mission already, there's a point at which you can decide which one lives, and which one dies.

Yeah, i already played that mission long ago, finished the game twice a few days after its release. But i didint know that you could get Morinth on your crew, didint had enough Paragon/Renegade status i guess. Oh well, its ok.

Also,

Id chosed Legion for system hacking, Garrus to lead the 2nd team, Zaeed to get the crew back, and Garrus with Grunt on the final assault.

glad i tried to limit my spoilers in my post then everyone else just dropped a load of them.

p.s. is there a way to feed the hamster?

Guess thats one of the pets? Where can I get it? And does it die when you don't feed it?:confused:

Does anyone else think this is one of the funniest patch notes made in any game :

* Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.

* Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.

* Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.

Does anyone else think this is one of the funniest patch notes made in any game :

* Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.

* Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.

* Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.

At least they got the credits right...