Sign in to follow this  
BenjiMANm

Manhattan Main Base (possible spoilers)

Hey guys,

I need a hand regarding an assault on the main Chedaki base. I have heard that there is two possible locations for it (it is the one west of Dubrovka). Support wise I am in a bit of a jam. The world famous (or infamous) Manhattan Artillery bug has kicked in so indirect fire support is out of the equation, the LAV-25 got shot up (has not been destroyed, but is damage critical and won't last long against a MBT is there a repair truck?), Maddox had an accident on a landing so he's out and the AAV is still available but O'Hara seems reluctant to board (am I supposed to be able to use it). I pinched an RPG launcher and 5 rockets from the Gorka cache (seeing as I was so kind to let them keep it) and I heard rumours about a Javelin and/or SMAW on FOB Manhattan (dunno where though).

Could I please get some hints and tactics I could take to avoid doing Manhattan all over again.

I had the same problem as you. This is what I did.

Taking on a tank and all those guys seemed like too much for me, so I did it in two parts. First, I left my team in a humvee a couple of 100m away, and sneaked up to their base from the north with a SMAW (Javelin would have been better, they have them in your base). From as far away as possible inside the trees, I shot the tank with the rockets, and then turned around and ran the hell away, back to the car. Got in... bugged out, and went off and completed a bunch of the other tasks you're supposed to do.

A good while later we returned with some uaz's we found (one with machinegun, one with grenade launcher) and cleared up the infantry and bunkers. This part can be done however you like, vehicles, sniper rifles, machineguns, whatever you like most. The important part is to seperate the attacks so you take them by surprise both times.

Which direction did you approach from? And where exacly would I find

the smaw and javelin?

Which direction did you approach from? And where exacly would I find

the smaw and javelin?

at the Manhattan Base.

SHaftoe is sitting at a table with camouflage net over it.

Go around on the backside of it and you will find allot of boxes/crates.

Have a look inside and give yourself a gift :)

also you guys why aren't you using the LAV 25 instead of the Humvee?

at the Manhattan Base.

SHaftoe is sitting at a table with camouflage net over it.

Go around on the backside of it and you will find allot of boxes/crates.

Have a look inside and give yourself a gift :)

also you guys why aren't you using the LAV 25 instead of the Humvee?

Lav25? Did it belong to that other team that was supposed to help wipe out the base? Because those guys all got killed by the BMP.:p

I believe the base can spawn in a couple of places on this mission. When I played it was up in the north near the dam (NW of the area of operations). I approached from the north east, as far into the forest as I could get, whilst still able to see the tank. I had to fire 3 shots to destroy it with the SMAW and they spotted me on the last one, and a few rifle-shots came in my direction, but running away through the woods is pretty easy.

I went to the hill to the north, about 1km away, javelin the T-72 and then long range snipe as many baddies as I can since their accuracy sucks at that distance. After that, I took my team all the way around the dam and assaulted the camp from the rear. Weren't many left to be killed, mostly those guys I didn't spot who were patrolling the forest to the south.

Lav25? Did it belong to that other team that was supposed to help wipe out the base? Because those guys all got killed by the BMP.:p

I believe the base can spawn in a couple of places on this mission. When I played it was up in the north near the dam (NW of the area of operations). I approached from the north east, as far into the forest as I could get, whilst still able to see the tank. I had to fire 3 shots to destroy it with the SMAW and they spotted me on the last one, and a few rifle-shots came in my direction, but running away through the woods is pretty easy.

no at the Manhattan base there are two APC's parked under a camouflage net.

If you standing at shaftoes desk with the back towards him the APcs will be to your left.

There is one LAV 25 and one AAV7.

You can use either of them (i prefer the LAV 25) instead of the HUMVEE.

The LAV 25 is much better armed and armoured compared to the humvee.

In combination with a javelin, which you take from the boxes behind shaftoe, you should have enough to clear the base.

Edited by zdavid99

no at the Manhattan base there are two APC's parked under a camouflage net.

If you standing at shaftoes desk with the back towards him the APcs will be to your left.

There is one LAV 25 and one AAV7.

You can use either of them (i prefer the LAV 25) and instead of the HUMVEE.

The LAV 25 is much better armed and armoured compared to the humvee.

In combination with a javelin, which you take from the boxes behind shaftoe, you should have enough to clear the base.

Lmao. I guess they were too well camouflaged! I just replayed the mission for the hell of it, and it's SOOO much easier with the APC's (and not wasting the artillery on a field of cows).:D

Use the weapons on the UAV to destroy the armour. Make sure the UAV is pointed at the targets, get a lock, and loose the missiles. They will hit.

Use the weapons on the UAV to destroy the armour. Make sure the UAV is pointed at the targets, get a lock, and loose the missiles. They will hit.

I tried many times but never hit a thing with the Hellfire. There was already a red circle over the target and I was pretty sure the UAV flying towards it. Is there anything I missed?

I found it easier just to do it all again. Just bomb the bajesus out of them first while you can and hope that maddox isn't asleep at the controls while landing

I think it possible to kill a t-72 with the cannon on the LAV-25. because I think I just did so out of desperation. I used artillery on the BMP and had nothing else, so I just started nailing the T-72 and it blew up. Don't know how realistic this is, but it may have been damaged already by boomerang. My question is about the sentry posts. I've only found 4 of the 6 and 1 of them won't show up on my map even though I killed everyone there. Am I just not searching hard enough?

???