Sign in to follow this  
laggy

[SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-13 Red Mercury v0.90 (Beta)

Enjoyed a lot your mission

Thank you very much :)

the squad is too big to manage, I prefer to manage a 5 men element than 10 more guys, and two helos.

I agree in a certain sense, I suck myself at leading a big squad :(

However, in this mission it makes sense to have a big squad and a smaller enemy capability would make the mission boring, I think.

About AT, did you check the lobby weapon/ammo option in MP?

Thanks again :)

Laggy

Absolutely love your mission, laggy! We actually managed to pull off a roof top insertion on the factory building - four of my mates dropped out, sweeped the building, got the intel and got back in again; took less than a minute. Completely amazing atmosphere!

We never found the officer, though and were completely outgunned by the random patrols, eventually. In the town we had an intense

- except it was urban environment, the "bad guys" won and nobody yelled "I am American" to get to safety :-P

It'd be great if you could join us sometime to play your mission!

Thanks The.D :)

Really glad to hear you had a dramatic end (judging by the linked video... great movie BTW).

Did you "buy it" when you tried to get the guy with the map: Grisha?

I am debating whether I should make the mission a little bit easier, it seems quite hard at the moment.

What do you think?

Laggy

P.S I would gladly join you sometime in this mission, but my next few weeks are very busy, maybe later. What's your timezone? D.S

Edited by laggy

Thanks The.D :)

I am debating whether I should make the mission a little bit easier, it seems quite hard at the moment.

What do you think?

Not sure about making it easier but.................I'm terrible at flying helicopter.

Maybe if there was a way to get the pilot to land it where I want it to land by clicking on the map?

hi laggy, a friend and i are playing through your mission and really really enjoying it, we managed to clear out Novy Sobor but could not find the Insurgent Boss it would be really helpful to know his location. I cant really find any problems with the rest of the mission because haven't been able to play that far. really good mission so far, thanks

soo where is this general ?

He wanders around randomly between houses in Novy Sobor.

I would suggest a stakeout before storming in. He might have fled, as AI do in ArmA2.

Thanks for the kind feedback and hope you finish the mission.

Laggy

Hi laggy, just finished your mission and really loved it. I first want to say that this has become one of my favourite missions in any game to date and I truly appreciate the effort you have put into this. I think the reason I enjoyed this missions as much as I did is because I had a excellent pilot(my friend). we found the laptop just fine, but when it came to the insurgent boss we saw him running out of the red zone down the south road. the nuke was also fairly straight forward. The mission was very exciting and pulse pounding and I cant wait to try it with a full 13 players.

a few things to mention

I understand that its more realistic but the fact that the Insurgent Boss is randomly located makes things very random. Especially considering that he runs away. He could run in any direction or get hit by the militia and we would have to search the ground and houses for god knows how long, nor is he shown on the map so that makes it all the more random.

If it is possible to force the Boss to stay in a house or tag him on the map than I suggest that, this is the only true flaw in the mission (only because of the random variables, -shot by militia - runs off - hides somewhere)

so I definitely recommend keeping him somewhere or showing him on the map (like the mission called Cipher by Author Wiper)

The AI was really annoying, although I have to fully acquainted myself with AI commands.

when I would switch out of the team leader he would issue orders to the rest of the squad.

I assume this is an ArmA problem and not to do with your mission as you do say to make the leader non AI

Altogether an amazing, exciting ,pulse pounding scenario

(but please do something about that Insurgent Boss)

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Also we are off to try your other mission Beachhead landing in Utes. betting it will be just as fun and immersive!

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback.

-Did you find and disarm the bomb?

-Did you ever fail and had the nuke going off?

-Geiger meters useful?

"Marking" the insurgent boss is an easy thing to include, will do in the next update.

Also we are off to try your other mission Beachhead landing in Utes. betting it will be just as fun and immersive!

It's allright, pretty straight forward Spec-Op's sabotage. Sneaking and fighting.

If you liked "Red Mercury" I would also recommend:

-"Behind Enemy Lines" for "just" ArmA2.

-"Garden of Eden" and "Blood of the Sun" in ArmA2-Combined Op's (OA a must).

Thanks again,

Laggy