Sign in to follow this  
motbvincent

"DXT1..DXT5 support missing."

The problem is in the title. I cannot open the game without this message.

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9100e 64-bit Quad-Core Processor (1.80GHz, 2MB L2 Cache) with AMD64 Technology8

Windows Vista® Home Premium (64-bit) with SP11

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2-2048MB modules)9

640GB 7200rpm Serial ATA II/300 hard drive with 16MB Cache4

Video Integrated ATI® Radeon™ HD 3200 Hybrid Graphics with up to 256MB of Shared Video Memory9

also, I have DirectX 11.

If anyone can offer help, thanks in advance.

That means your PC does not meet ArmA II's minimum requirements. In this case, I believe it's talking about your graphics card, which is far too weak, but your processor is also too weak. Only way to fix it is to get a better PC I'm afraid.

google, google, google

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=6156#6156 (not that this is your answer, but you could start with it)

It was the first link when i googled DXT1..DXT5 support missing.

Although it looks like your Graphics Card (don't know ATI, so just guessing) and CPU are a little on the weak side.

Good luck...

google, google, google

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=6156#6156 (not that this is your answer, but you could start with it)

It was the first link when i googled DXT1..DXT5 support missing.

Although it looks like your Graphics Card (don't know ATI, so just guessing) and CPU are a little on the weak side.

Good luck...

These are the minimum requirements for ARMA2,

Minimal PC System Requirements

•Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)

•1 GB RAM

•GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

•Windows XP

•DVD (Dual Layer compatible), 10 GB free HDD space

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Not sure why I wouldnt be able to play if the specs for my pc appears to me above ARMA2 minimum requirements

Not sure why I wouldnt be able to play if the specs for my pc appears to me above ARMA2 minimum requirements

1.80 Ghz < 2.0 Ghz

up to 256 MB shared VRAM < 256 MB VRAM

I have used systems with less than the minimum specs, AMD 3800 (single core, not dual), Geforce 7600, and ran it though. I was just saying your setup does NOT meet the minimums...

Did you try the link? Did you use google?

Or did you just post back here to try to prove me wrong?

Once again, good luck...

1.80 Ghz < 2.0 Ghz

up to 256 MB shared VRAM < 256 MB VRAM

I have used systems with less than the minimum specs, AMD 3800 (single core, not dual), Geforce 7600, and ran it though. I was just saying your setup does NOT meet the minimums...

Did you try the link? Did you use google?

Or did you just post back here to try to prove me wrong?

Once again, good luck...

god forbid anyone proved you wrong :P

No, I was just posting as a better reference to maybe get a better insight on what I may, or may not be able to do.

Sorry to make you upset kiddo

Check your driver settings and also install directX9.

Yes, i saw you have directX11 but ArmA 2 requires directX9 files which are missing under directX11 so you need explicitly installl DX9. No DX11 files will be overwritten, DX9 functionality is just added.

Also check your driver settings as Mosh's link suggested you to do. You might have to enable DXT support there.

Also as Mosh said, your System doesn't fulfill minimum requirements of ArmA 2 and even if you might be able to start it, you surely will be stuck with lowest possible settings to get playable FPS. I doubt you will be happy with it.

Never in the history of PC gaming it was a good idea to play resource demanding titles on onboard graphic solutions. Never was and probably never will.

Your CPU is slower than recommended as minimum.

Your GPU is far slower than recommended as minimum.

If you switch off 'Support DXT textures' as an option in ATI Traytools, you can recreate this error.

I think it's more likely the problem is your graphics card. You can try updating its drivers, but I don't think there's much hope for an integrated 256mb card.