Sign in to follow this  
Kramxel

Setting up "walking" as default

So this is my problem:

Whenever I start a new game, or load one, the default is set for running.... I have to double tap the "walking" key (SHIFT in my config) so that the soldier walks by default and runs while SHIFT is pressed.

My question is, is there anyway to make walking the default?

Maybe some mod or config file altering solution...

i have my controls set so "F" toggles between walk and jog (no double tap)

Kram... just rebind whatever key is your forward key to "slow forward"!!!???

ie swap "forward" keybind with "slow forward"

if you dont know what keybinds are then go into options / controls...blah blah

Kram... just rebind whatever key is your forward key to "slow forward"!!!???

ie swap "forward" keybind with "slow forward"

if you dont know what keybinds are then go into options / controls...blah blah

That was a nice suggestion, but unfortunately, if i set the slow forward to "w", then the toggle walk run key "2xshift" won't work and I would have to assign a key for "forward".

Thus having 3 keys instead of the regular 2....

An explanation:

Default:

Slow forward: Shift+w

Forward: w

Fast forward: 2xW

What I normally use:

2xShift

Slow forward: w

Forward: Shift+w

Your suggestion:

Slow forward: w

Forward: 3rd key (besides w and shift)

What I really want is the ability of not having to 2xShift every time I start a new game or load a save...

Is it really that hard to press 2 times on a button? LOL talk about i-problems! :D People are starving and dying in earthquakes and the guy want to push a button only once cause its sooooo annoying.

Haha dont take it the wrong way mate im tired and started laughing my butt off thinking of our big mega problems in the "smooth" part of the world.

Seriously though doesnt ARMA's control options allow for basically any combos? Have to check - when i slept.

Good luck. ;)

I just did it in mine and it works fine.

Slow Forward = W

Move Forward = 2xW

Fast Forward = Left Shift + W

Try it - you don't need to 2xshift first

Edited by Grizzle

Is it really that hard to press 2 times on a button? LOL talk about i-problems! :D People are starving and dying in earthquakes and the guy want to push a button only once cause its sooooo annoying.

Haha dont take it the wrong way mate im tired and started laughing my butt off thinking of our big mega problems in the "smooth" part of the world.

Seriously though doesnt ARMA's control options allow for basically any combos? Have to check - when i slept.

Good luck. ;)

Small problems are problems too!

:p :p :p

I just did it in mine and it works fine.

Slow Forward = W

Move Forward = 2xW

Fast Forward = Left Shift + W

Try it - you don't need to 2xshift first

It's not quite the same, when you start strafing etc. - see this post for details.

I agree it's a tiny thing and it hardly kills the game, but at the same time such a small thing shouldn't be hard to implement, should it? Just a little tickbox which when selected means new games act as if you've already hit the toggle (default 2xLShift).

It's not quite the same, when you start strafing etc. - see this post for details.

I agree it's a tiny thing and it hardly kills the game, but at the same time such a small thing shouldn't be hard to implement, should it? Just a little tickbox which when selected means new games act as if you've already hit the toggle (default 2xLShift).

Nice to see I'm not the only one!

I was wondering if there was anyway to add this in a script in the start of a mission...

I see. Perhaps add it to the suggestions thread?

There is a "temp" toggle command for walk/run that if assigned may improve the issue for you? Instead of having to 2xshift to toggle just hold down the temp key and movement keys instead. So you could have slow = W, normal = shift+W and fast = Ctrl+W.