Sign in to follow this  
Shadik

Lightsoff

After some searching and not finding a real answer, is it possible to have a truck driving with his lights off, in safe/careless/aware mode? I've tried letting it drive in stealth but it just will not stay on the road at all. It offroads the entire time and just isn't a pleasant drive.

I've tried just waypointing the crap out of the route but that doesn't make it any prettier. I'm trying to simulate a troop transport into enemy territory, so once we get close I want the 2 trucks to turn their lights off at a waypoint and drive on.

Is this possible at all?

You can do it by destroying the lights on the vehicle.

Use the setHit command in the init of the vehicle, you could repair them later with setHit if needed.

Try:

this setHit ["L svetlo", 1]; this setHit ["P svetlo", 1];

If those class names don't work, you will need to look them up in the pbo file for whatever vehicle you are looking to drive without lights.

edit: nvm

thanks!

Edited by Shadik

You can do it by destroying the lights on the vehicle.

Use the setHit command in the init of the vehicle, you could repair them later with setHit if needed.

Try:

If those class names don't work, you will need to look them up in the pbo file for whatever vehicle you are looking to drive without lights.

Oh my god I never knew this! Wow I love it. Thanks.

OK I've messed around with it but I can't seem to get it to work. I looked up the classname for the vehicle(russian open utility truck=KamazOpen) and put it in the vehicles init but nothing happens. same on a waypoint.

here's my mission file;(its just a few waypoints and a truck for now)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ki0th3r2ztw

Thanks for the help so far, I'm pretty new to this but the editor is very addicting, you just keep messing with it lol

I just quickly tested this in the editor, for a Kamaz truck, simply put this in it's init line and it will drive without headlights:

sorry for the bump, I got it to work ! thanks a lot for the help.

Does anyone know the name of the section for the spotlight on the Merlin?

Tried "P svetlo" ,"L svetlo", "svetlo" they didnt work.

Cheers

GC

I don't think merlin has damage for light. Try using 'Stealth' in Behavior, it worked for me for A10.

It does, because i just shot it out in a test mission.

Setting things to stealth, makes choppers too skitty.

Cheers

GC

Setting choppers to whatever behaviour other than 'careless' makes them ignore a landing order when enemy is near and fly off to the next waypoint.

I am really intrested in names for chopper lights so I can disable them. Does anyone know where and how to find out??

Thanks in advance

found this but its for ArmA

Setting choppers to whatever behaviour other than 'careless' makes them ignore a landing order when enemy is near and fly off to the next waypoint.

I am really intrested in names for chopper lights so I can disable them. Does anyone know where and how to find out??

Thanks in advance

found this but its for ArmA

I 2nd that. I need the name of the search light for the Merlin on the BAF DLC.

Cheers

GC

In my ParaReinforce script i land helis on LZ in hot zone while under fire even when in stealth or combat or aware mode.

Use this in transport unload waypoints for landing when not in careless and enemys shooting:

heliname land "GET OUT"; {if (_x in heliname) then {unassignvehicle _x; dogetout _x;}} foreach units patrolgroup;

It will land keep engines on, dismount all passengers and move away when done. all whilst its being shoot at, beware blackhawk gunners may accidently spray unloading passengers when defending th heli.

Yeah thnx, but still I would like to know the names of the lights for further use in other situations.