Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to replace weapon reticles?

I have recently shrunk down the dot size on the aimpoint reticle drastically. I made the dot about 1/6th it's old size for more realism and better precision shooting.

What I don't know how to do is make a config that will point all the aimpoint dots to the one I made.

What I think I need to do is have a list of all weapons that have an aimpoint on them and redirect the reticule graphic to the one that I created. What I don't know is where to find a full list of weapons or how to properly set up the config.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unpbo "weapons.pbo" and "weapons2.pbo" and convert config.bin of both to config.cpp with Eliteness(unrap and save as).Then use search function on Notepad++(free),Textpad etc.But i'm quite sure it's same texture for all aimpoints,so you can find it with "Pboview" and change it for your's.

Is there a different tool than eliteness that I can use? I get an error message whenever I try to use it about side by side configuration even though I put the .dll in the correct folder. Using W7 64 bit.

Otherwise is there a .cpp already in existence with all the vanilla weapons?

Or alternately is there anyone who would be willing to take the .paa I made and do this for me?

Yup,there is Kegety's Cpbo,try it if it works better.

Ok so here's where I am. I have the config.paa open and I'm looking at the weapon classes. I'll use the m16a4 as an example:

class m16a4 : M16A2 {

displayName = $STR_DN_M16A4;

model = "\ca\weapons\m16\m16a4";

picture = "\CA\weapons\data\Equip\W_m16a4_CA.paa";

UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_regular_CA.paa";

dexterity = 1.61;

modes[] = {"Single", "Burst"};

class Single; // External class reference

class Burst; // External class reference

class Library {

libTextDesc = $STR_LIB_M16A4;

};

descriptionShort = $STR_DSS_M16A4;

Now which file in there do I replace with the aimpoint dot that I made? Is it "picture"? Otherwise, where would I find the aimpoint dot on the m16a4 to replace?

in weapons config i'd think your looking for this. but thats seems to be for acog only. the standered red dot i'm not able to find. all i can think for id that it works in a p3d file and i know nothing about that.

but the aimpoint dot file is in weapons/data folder. i was unable to find it in a config enywhere. that about all i could tell you

modelOptics = "\ca\weapons\2Dscope_Acog_4x32";

Edited by TRACY

Try weapons.pbo ... Data\aimpoint_dot_ca.paa

Planck

Thanks, that's where I got the .paa to edit, but I don't know how to write the config to replace the dot with the one I edited. This is what I need help on. Should I make a new thread?

Just replace Data\aimpoint_dot_ca.paa with your's and use same name of course,no need for editing config.

hamis that's the very first thing I ever tried. Maybe I messed up the file structure?

my mod's name was "j814_sights.pbo" and inside the pbo was data/aimpoint_dot_ca.paa.

That's all I should need to do?

Do I have to generate a key or do I have to binarize the .pbo for it to work in single player?