Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

TR Soundmodul: check this out

Hey guys you have to check out this new sound modules for ARMA2..sounds really cool and i can recommand it if you have not seen it already. Maybe a bit more bass would benefit the tracked and wheeled vehicles but all in all best vehicle sounds i could find so far or can you suggest alternative ones.

XX5yQSX_iQk

8WirAQ8tBkA

7KuhXrf-TuE

6h6NiYJMhX

Thx a lot for this sound mod TangoRomeo !

4 modules exist inclusive the fixed one for air units, donno why but only 3 videos appear isntead of 4.

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=contentarchive&catid=24&type=4

Edited by oxmox

Nice sounds, but I hate most sound mods cause they sound too high pitched and don't have enough bass. They are still decent though, and I know I wouldn't be able to do any better.

Yep, bass is what i first miss but on the other hand watch and listen to orignial sounds..his turbine sound doesnt really have that much bass aswell the turret moving.

0_Fn_D69p94

cXpawpxoSq0

SoW9MIq_66U

zmidb92Hi-c

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

but this doesnt count for the oldschool t-72 tank from the 70ies which would need a lot more bass =)

1iZAOuMz_zA

Edited by oxmox

Is this TRSM? I cant see the images or videos.

If it is - then why on earth is it posted here? There is a thread - his original thread on this forum plus on all news sites around the world. I understand you like the mod (who doesnt), but people will find the mods if they actually look in the mods section. :)

I dont read every mod thread what it is about but watch certain pages about new releases sometimes. The search function doesnt deliver anything about TR soundmodul except this thread. I did find out that the search function is very sensible and it delivered a thread when you search for soundmodules but not soundmodul, thats the only reason why i did post it not in the other thread cause i didnt find it.

Edited by oxmox

Yep this is a released mod and all information in the mods section :)

As regards bass, bass in something you can enhance yourself via EQ of soundcard or speakers, its not good practice for a soundmod to add the bass into it, this will then overbalance bass frequency and also effects the level of the audio unless its compressed.

Like any audio its better to have a general balance so that the "user" can then change his/her EQ settings when playing the game. The examples you have are from main source close proximity and from certain recording gear/then encoded for youtube, all that considered can add the bass in and is entirely different when leveling sample files to play in a game.

I agree these machines have growl and bass though, but to strike a balance in a game for people on different systems and keep level quality high its best to not "overplay" the bass and leave the user to enhance, much like music and EQ on your stereo to push the bass how you want.

BTW this has/is been the best vehicle sound mod to date in Arma's life so far (my view of course :) )

Edited by mrcash2009