Sign in to follow this  

Ok - I've pretty much had it with this game. Never so much work for so little gameplay.

I make a mission in the single player wizard. I save it. It's a few guerillas - and we knock over a village and blow up a BTR. I add some extra units - but I can't change the waypoints options - as there is no 'enter' or 'confirm' when you double click on the waypoint you set. Kinda rubbish - but hey.

I want to play this with my chum online - only it's not there. It's only there for single player - maybe I just assumed that the wizard missions would be available like some crazy person..

Then I try the online wizard and it's totally different missions. I just want to play a mission similar to the one I just made, engage a few enemy fireteams etc - but I want to play with russian weapons etc. The wizard only offers US - why?

So I make a mission quickly with the online wizard - and bring up the full editor - I figure I'll load it into there instead and then tweak the forces

No you won't the editor doesn't pickup the wizard missions at all.

So the wizard is useless once you've played it's ONE scenario it actually offers..

I open the editor. I want to create a team - I find one - give it a waypoint - I go to move it - oh it's on top of a house - so I can't move the waypoint.

Give up and go to the pub.

Anyone know any expanded wizard templates that are available for ARMA 2?

Edited by Pudenfuhrer

Simple solution: use the editor to create your missions and save them to the mpfolder, host a server and select that mission made in the editor.

Problem solved. Do not use the wizard.

You can literally do anything on the editor, why dont you learn how to use that, its really good when you get to grips with it, plus there is template scripts on Armaholic.com for nearly anything

Okay - I've simmered down.

My issue is the marketing and manual. I found this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77932

I made a basic mission - I worked out how to put ammo and empty vehicles down for your guys, a few friendlies and a few enemies on patrol. (You have to make the item 'unplayable', then it can be set to 'side' empty). Then you add the modules and the game does the rest and is soon spawing alsorts I gather.

Why is this not presented better - no example missions, no templates with the modules on already etc. etc. No mention in the manual - no search facility on this forum that I found - just the blurb in the reviews. I bet when they rated the game they'd never found this stuff.

I've had this a month and been trying to get it to do what I had a hunch it did. While it's a lovely feeling now it's going (and it runs much better than the campaign) why not make more of an issue of this? 30 minutes and you've got a whole evenings random missions and theatre creation.

Endless co-op fun now on my island.

Okay - I've simmered down.

My issue is the marketing and manual. I found this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77932

I made a basic mission - I worked out how to put ammo and empty vehicles down for your guys, a few friendlies and a few enemies on patrol. (You have to make the item 'unplayable', then it can be set to 'side' empty). Then you add the modules and the game does the rest and is soon spawing alsorts I gather.

Why is this not presented better - no example missions, no templates with the modules on already etc. etc. No mention in the manual - no search facility on this forum that I found - just the blurb in the reviews. I bet when they rated the game they'd never found this stuff.

I've had this a month and been trying to get it to do what I had a hunch it did. While it's a lovely feeling now it's going (and it runs much better than the campaign) why not make more of an issue of this? 30 minutes and you've got a whole evenings random missions and theatre creation.

Endless co-op fun now on my island.

Sorry that you got so frustrated but glad you've had your AH-HA! moment :) It feels good doesn't it?

I find OPFLASH/ArmA/ArmA2 editing to be very rewarding. I just love how you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. When you really jump into the editor it may seem daunting at first but it is really fun once you start understanding how things work.

Any kind of military situation I want to play, I can do it with Arma. No other game comes close. Have patience with the editor, but don't be afraid to ask questions and know that it can be very frustrating at times.

I'm glad you've stuck with it :D

Iv spent a while now writing my own notes on how to do things in Arma 2 Editor. Was thinking about putting them on here for everyone. Alot just basic stuff and alot about the ACM and SOM modules. If anyone wants a read over let me know, could use the feedback.

Do so!

I bet at least 50 people are simultaneously gathering information about Modules etc.. If just one person starts presenting stuff, the rest can focus on new stuff or confirm the infos. I would give you feedback on it, too ;-).

Greetz.